Minimum Qualifications EDUCATION & REQUIREMENTS:
Education Level required: Bachelor’s degree required.
Experience Required: At least 5 years of full-time experience in the area of workforce development, adult and continuing education, training or closely related field. Must have demonstrated experience in leading and managing workforce development program contracts (e.g., federally funded programs or WIOA program development and management). Experience with developing and implementing marketing and communication plans and material. Experience in supervision and team-based management and experience managing a diverse group of projects and staff.
Experience preferred: At least 8 years of full-time experience in the area of workforce development, adult and continuing education, training or closely related field.
Knowledge required: Knowledge of New York State and issues relevant to economic and workforce development. Strong demonstrated written and oral communications and presentation skills. Ability to 'set up the problem', manage projects against tight timelines, and work well in teams. Resourceful, organized and results oriented. Pro-active, collaborative and strategic.
Duties Description BASIC FUNCTION:
Support the VP and Director of Workforce Development for ESD in all aspects of leading the agency’s industry-driven workforce development strategy and coordinating with state agencies and Regional Councils across the state.
• Lead coordination with Regional Economic Development Councils, NYS Department of Labor, and SUNY/CUNY in implementing an industry-driven strategy for workforce development in New York State.
• Oversee preparation of memos, talking points, briefings, strategic communications, and other materials as needed by the Director and ESD leadership.
• Monitor and analyze workforce and trends to identify ways to expand or adapt workforce programming to fit the needs of industry.
• Identify and develop strategies to continue addressing the workforce needs of employers in the state’s high-growth industry sectors to present to the Director.
• Participate, assisting and leading, in internal planning to develop and implement projects and policies.
• Represent ESD with external stakeholder and industry meetings to support and guide workforce development.
• Author and/or lead creation of high-level, public-facing and internal documents such as Requests for Information, Requests for Proposals, Directors Materials, and Grant Disbursement Agreements.
• Collaborate with Data and Metrics Manager to prepare and develop written reports and presentations on program activity around the state for internal and external audiences.
• Establish strategic partnerships and working relationships with employers, workforce development training providers, non-profits, state government colleagues and others to support development of opportunities for a skilled and diverse industry workforce across the state.
• Think strategically and problem solve by actively contributing to discussions and the execution of long-term policy visions and short-term issues management.
• Create materials and program guidelines as necessary.
• Oversee and undertake special projects or initiatives as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingExternal Candidates, to apply copy and paste URL in browser: https://bit.ly/3APr8cp
Internal Candidates: Please apply through ADP through the Myself/Talent menu
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY