Minimum Qualifications Education Level required: Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline
Experience required: Minimum of 5 years of full-time relevant experience such as in data analysis or data management related roles. Knowledge of New York State and issues relevant to economic and workforce development.
Knowledge preferred: Demonstrated mastery of Excel and/or related data analysis tools and the creation of graphs, charts and tables for review. Ability to work effectively under pressure with competing priorities. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to work independently, prioritize projects and tasks, multi-task, and participate as an effective team member.
Duties Description BASIC FUNCTION:
Responsible for leading the establishment of program metrics and collection of data to gauge the impact of programs implemented through the Office of Workforce and Economic Development.
• Collaborate with the Office of Workforce and Economic Development Director to establish a new database and performance metrics to track progress on achieving the vision of the Office and its ability to meet the needs of employers and job seekers in NYS.
• Work with other NYS agencies that are implementing workforce development funding initiatives to develop and maintain a common set of data points and metrics for common program tracking. Lead sharing of best practices and engage with state government colleagues to refine and adjust as needed.
• Work with Project Managers to establish appropriate metrics to include in grant agreements and to regularly collect data from grantees. Track grant results and ensure project milestones, deliverables, and key performance indicators are met.
• Compile, manage, analyze and evaluate performance and achievement data on the impact of grant funding implemented through the Office of Workforce and Economic Development.
• Prepare regular written reports and presentations on program activity around the state for internal and external audiences.
• Collaborate closely with NYS Department of Labor and ESD Economic Analysis and Research department to monitor and collect labor market and industry sector data as needed to stay up to date on workforce trends.
• Assist Regional Economic Development Councils, Regional Offices, and ESD staff with gathering appropriate workforce development information as requested.
• Help maintain public-facing workforce development project data, including as part of ESD’s Database of Economic Incentives, and ensure that project information is accurate.
• Other duties as assigned.
Position expected to work onsite and/or remote consistent with NYS and ESD guidelines and needs.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingExternal Candidates, to apply copy and paste URL in browser: https://bit.ly/3APr8cp
Internal Candidates: Please apply through ADP through the Myself/Talent menu
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY