Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be reachable for appointment from the current Civil Service eligible list;
OR for Transfer Opportunity:
Candidates must have one year of permanent service as a Nurse 2 and be eligible for lateral transfer; OR have one year of permanent service in a title within two (2) salary grades of G-16 and be eligible to transfer under either Section 70.1 or Section 70.4 of the Civil Service Law.
Open Competitive Minimum Qualifications (Open to the Public)
Must have a license and be currently registered to practice nursing in New York State AND have one year of full-time post-RN licensure clinical nursing experience. To apply as an open competitive candidate, please complete the New York State Application(http://www.cs.ny.gov/extdocs/pdf/nysapp.pdf) and submit it with your other application materials.
Duties Description • Perform daily nursing assessments.
• Act as health liaison with medical consultants.
• Coordinate and schedule medical follow-up, including completion of consultations.
• Provide first aid and emergency nursing care.
• Provide supervision to the LPN’s and the direct care staff on medical issues.
• Provide in-service health training to individuals, family and staff.
• Monitor and order pharmaceutical supplies for each individual.
• Meet documentation requirement i.e. obtaining & transcribing physicians’ orders, daily nursing note, semi-annual nursing summaries, health charts, medication regimen reviews and case review summaries.
• Attend team reviews and present information, as needed.
Additional Comments Appointments may be made at the Nurse 1 level. Candidates hired at this title may be advanced to the full-performance level (Nurse 2) following satisfactory completion of one-year of service. Salary range listed below encompasses the hiring rate of both Nurse 1 and Nurse 2.
Nurse 1: $69,202
Nurse 2: $74,903 - $89,882
Please note, the posted Hiring Salary includes the sum of the statutory hiring rate for Nurse 1 ($49,202) and Nurse 2 ($54,903) includes salary treatments in effect for this position in this location, such as the Geographic Differential (20,000). The posted maximum salary (Job Rate) also includes the Geographic Differential.
• Nurse 1 and Nurse 2 are filled via a continuous recruitment examination. Information about this examination can be found on the Department of Civil Service's Website at: https://www.cs.ny.gov/nursing/.
• The assignment of PS&T employees will be made in accordance with any agreed upon Memorandum of Understanding between PEF and the local DDSO regarding the posting of job vacancies.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that they need a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office at (518) 473-4785 or Email at email@example.com to obtain information and RA forms.
NYS offers Incredible Benefits!
Paid Holidays and Leave
• Thirteen (13) paid holidays each year.
• Thirteen (13) days of paid vacation leave initially.
• Five (5) days paid personal leave each year.
• Thirteen (13) days of paid sick leave each year (PEF/CSEA), which may carry over from year to year.
• Up to three (3) days professional leave each year to participate in professional development events.
Health Care Coverage
Employees and their eligible dependents can choose from a variety of affordable health insurance programs. Employees are provided family dental and vision plans at no extra cost.
Participate in The NYS Employees’ Retirement System (ERS), which is recognized as one of the best-managed and best-funded public retirement systems in the nation.
Professional Development and Education and Training
NYS offers training programs and tuition assistance to eligible employees to maintain and increase their professional skills and prepare them for promotional opportunities. For more information, please visit https://goer.ny.gov/training-and-professional-development.
Additionally, the Public Service Workshops Program (PSWP) offers certain professional training opportunities for PEF represented and M/C designated employees that may grant continuing education credits towards maintaining professional licensure. For more information, please visit https://oer.ny.gov/public-service-workshops-program-pswp.
• Savings programs such as the U.S. Savings Bond and the College Savings Plan.
• Voluntary pre-tax savings programs such as Health Care Spending Account and the Dependent Care Advantage Account offer employees options to pay for uncovered health care expenses or dependent care expenses.
• Access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) an assessment and referral service that connects employees with local service providers and support services to address their personal needs.
• Life insurance and Disability insurance.
• The New York State Deferred Compensation Plan is a voluntary retirement plan that offers employees the option to invest a part of their salaries for retirement on a tax-deferred basis.
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
As of 10/12/2021 all OPWDD employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit to mandatory weekly testing for COVID-19.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.