Minimum Qualifications Education Level: Bachelor’s degree in public administration, public policy, political science or a related field required. Master’s degree a plus.
Experience and Knowledge:
• 5+ years of relevant full-time professional experience.
• Knowledge of economic development-related fields such as tax policy, economic incentives (loans, grants, tax credits), workforce development, public-private partnerships, research and development, commercialization and/or business marketing.
o Familiarity with New York State government policies and programs and/or experience working within State government including State agencies and / or the New York State Legislature.
Duties Description BASIC FUNCTION:
Help lead the analysis, development, and implementation of New York State economic development-related policies and assist in the operational implementation of newly enacted State policies, as well as the implementation and management of special projects.
• Policy formation: Help lead the drafting of policy proposals to guide both external NYS economic development initiatives, and internal agency policies. Identify areas ripe for policy updates to conform with current economic conditions, and internal operational efficiencies.
• Policy implementation: Help draft operational plans, including step-by-step process documents, to inform the full implementation of new agency policies. Help lead the implementation of new policies across the organization.
• Interdepartmental and interagency coordination: Coordinate with other ESD departments and agencies to inform policy proposals, and to conduct policy analysis.
• Legislative proposal responses: Assist in forming agency reactions to pending legislation from the New York State Legislature, including analysis of fiscal impacts, alignment or overlap with existing agency initiatives, and identify and frame any amendments sought by the agency.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingExternal Candidates, to apply copy and paste URL in browser: https://bit.ly/3APr8cp
Internal Candidates: Please apply through ADP through the Myself/Talent menu
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY