Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
Must be licensed and registered in NYS as a Registered Architect with five years of relevant post license experience. Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Associates degree in an Architecture-related field. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Bachelor’s degree in Architecture strongly preferred, plus five years relevant post-license experience. Experience in higher education, healthcare, laboratories, special needs and justice facilities. NYS Registered Architect and valid NYS driver’s license.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Demonstrated analytical skills.
• Proficiency in PC applications, such as Outlook, Excel, Word, Access.
• Knowledge of Project Management software and ability to adapt to evolving technology.
• Ability to read and interpret Codes and regulatory requirements, and to review for compliance.
Duties Description Primary Purpose
The Architect performs design project management, design review and construction observation for DASNY’s construction projects, and provides third party reviews of projects for conformance with DASNY and customer agency guidelines, project goals and objectives, and for compliance with applicable codes and regulatory requirements.
• Manages the project development during the pre-design and design phases of the project, including meeting with clients and consultants and providing assistance, and managing all aspects of consultant contracts including review and approval of consultant requests for payment, amendments, extensions of schedule and contract closeout.
• Perform periodic site visits to projects under construction and monitor the quality of design and construction work performed by architects, engineers, consultants, contractors and sub-contractors.
• Monitor construction activities including the review and approval of construction change orders and performance of interim and final project inspections on large and complex projects.
• Review highly technical designs, plans, specifications, addenda and change orders.
• Review highly technical architectural/engineering reports and studies.
• Provide technical assistance and recommendations to unit staff, Project Management staff and client representatives.
• Coordinate with Project Management to resolve project and/or program issues.
• Perform independent, in-depth investigations of specific problems including architectural/engineering analysis and recommendations.
• Consult with regulatory agencies regarding interpretations and applications.
• Monitor the services provided by professional consultants and meet to review and assist them in their submissions.
• Prepare reports for management and clients.
• Assist in the development, compilation and distribution of technical data.
• Act as liaison between DASNY and clients and/or government agencies.
• Manage projects during construction phase.
• Provide plan reviews for healthcare projects under Title 10 Public health Law for Article 28 certified facilities.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist in the design, development, and/or testing of computerized systems/applications.
• Assist in the preparation of internal design work and modifications, sealing documents as required.
• Assist in the preparation of requests for proposals and the evaluation and selection of consultants.
• Identify new projects and violations requiring completion and dismissal.
• Assist Management in the development of policies.
• Develop, document, and implement procedures.
• Assess, develop, and implement internal controls, and oversee the review and testing of same.
• Undertake special assignments as directed.
Frequent travel is required (three to six days per month on average), using public transportation, DASNY vehicle, rental vehicle or personal vehicle. This travel may include overnight stays at public accommodations and related establishments. Requires exposure to weather and temperature extremes, loud noises, heights (climbing ladders, scaffolding, etc.) and other work safety hazards (chemicals, fumes, etc.) of a construction site. Must be able to work overtime or extended work hours as needed.
Official station is a standard office environment. Observation and testing is completed at construction sites, buildings and other facilities, where the use of Technical Services related equipment is required.
Additional Comments DASNY provides financing and construction services to public and private universities, not-for-profit healthcare facilities, and other institutions which serve the public good.
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, which includes:
• Choice of several health insurance plans
• Dental & vision insurance
• Membership in the NYS Retirement System
• Deferred Compensation Investment Plan
• 13 vacation days per year
• 13 sick days per year
• 5 days of personal leave per year
• 12 paid holidays per year
• Tuition reimbursement
• Training & development opportunities
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingTo apply, please copy and paste the following link in your browser:
DASNY is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to excellence and diversity.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.