Minimum Qualifications Bachelor’s degree and seven (7) to ten (10) years of experience in institutional, fixed income corporate bond investing. Five (5) years of this experience must have included management/supervisory responsibility of traders, Junior PMs and potentially research analysts. Preference may be given to candidates who have obtained their MBA or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) credential (CFA study at any level a plus).
Seeking candidates with the following attributes:
• Experience with portfolio management software. Five years background and knowledge of analytic systems including Blackrock Aladdin and Bloomberg PORT (Intex a plus)
• Strong financial modeling skills
• Prior background in fixed-income analytics (equity market experience a plus)
• Competent programming skills (VBA) and proficiency in security modeling
• Deep interest in capital markets
• Solid mathematical understanding of fixed-income instruments
Duties Description In February 2022, the New York State Insurance Fund (NYSIF) was listed as the 37th Best Midsize Employer in America by Forbes. Under the general direction of the Chief Investment Officer (CIO) the Senior Corporate Bond Portfolio Manager and Strategist will oversee and coordinate a variety of complex duties related to the internally managed portfolios.
• Advising the CIO and other investment department staff as to the viability and risk/reward characteristics of various high-grade credit investment opportunities.
• Making recommendations concerning asset allocation.
• Maintenance of a thorough knowledge of the high-grade credit and government markets.
• Ensuring the timely and accurate execution of trades.
• Examining and analyzing market trends pertaining to high grade credit and making decisions in the best interest of the NYSIF.
• Coordinating and collaborating with the CIO as well as other investment staff.
• Keeping in compliance with investment policy guidelines.
• Executing trades in the high-grade credit sector for cash bonds.
• Evaluating and escalating complex issues or problems to management.
• Managing with the goal of outperforming against customized indices.
• Overseeing and supervising the purchase and sale of high-grade credit securities based upon ALM funding requirements, portfolio rebalancing, index migration, and research analysts.
• Formulating and executing strategies for optimal investment earnings for long-term investments.
• Maintaining contact with financial institutions, advisory groups and management staff on matters concerning fixed income investment policy and procedures.
• Manage the taxable municipal bond portfolio.
• Reposition the municipal portfolio away from tax-exempt bonds to high quality taxable securities.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.