330 Old Niskayuna Road
Minimum Qualifications This position is not in the Classified Service of New York State, but is covered under New York State Military Law. If selected, current Civil Service employees will lose their seniority within the Classified Service, thereby exempting them from applying for promotional exams within Civil Service.
Two years of permanent service in a position allocated to a Salary Grade (SG) 9 or higher, in which duties have included accounting, booking, office administration, grant or contract administration, engineering technology field, project coordination, or similar duties. Supervisory experience preferred.
Associate's Degree or higher from a regionally accredited college or university in accounting, business administration, engineering technology field, construction project management, or similar degree; plus two (2) years of full time experience in accounting, administration, engineering technology field or similar duties. Supervisory experience preferred.
Six (6) years of full time experience in accounting, administration or engineering technology field or similar duties. Supervisory experience preferred.*
Must be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or GED.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Must be able to read and write in English.
Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license to operate a motor vehicle in the State of New York. May be required to utilize vehicles for site visits and other travel. Must report any changes in driver’s license status to supervisory chain of command.
Required to have or successfully complete within 90 days of receiving computer access, all training associated with assigned data systems such as Statewide Financial System (SFS), General Fund Enterprise Business System (GFEBS) and the Statewide Learning Management System (SLMS) and/or other computer training as related to duty assignments.**
In accordance with NGB standards, will be required to obtain and maintain a favorable background investigation, and have an appropriate clearance to allow access to computer networks and restricted areas to determine suitability, loyalty, and trustworthiness. Minimally a National Agency Check with Inquiry (NACI) will be completed - dependent on current regulation, a SECRET or other clearance may be required.
*Other combinations of education and work experience, including military, may be considered, however, candidate must demonstrate direct relevance to the job duties noted above and combine for a total of at least 6 years. Supervisory experience preferred.
** Should related regulations, procedures and requirements change, additional training and/or certifications may be required.
At all times, employees MUST maintain minimum standards in accordance with current agency requirements and directives noted above; failure to do so will subject the individual to disciplinary action, including possible termination.
NOTE: Position standards illustrate the nature, extent and scope of duties and responsibilities of the position described. Standards cannot and do not include all of the work that might be appropriately performed by the incumbent. The minimum qualifications above are those which were required for appointment at the time the Position Standards were written. Please contact State Human Resources Directorate for any further information regarding the position requirements.
Duties Description This position is not in the Classified Service of New York State, but is covered under New York State Military Law. If selected, current Civil Service employees will lose their seniority within the Classified Service, thereby exempting them from applying for promotional exams within Civil Service.
The Building Project Coordinator functions as an assistant within the Facilities Management & Engineering Directorate performing various tasks and activities such as account keeping of expenditures, preparing and reviewing vouchers and purchase orders for authorization, maintaining job orders, vouchers, purchase order registers, preparing statements, tracking funds and reimbursements, budgeting, routine correspondence, file management, data entry and report creation/editing as directed. Incumbent will complete work independently and effectively; requiring minimal supervision.
As directed by supervisor, the incumbent will assist the branch chiefs in devising and revising procedures and instructions to accomplish the organization’s mission, and prepare routine narrative or statistical correspondence.
The position performs responsibilities in accordance with all statutory, agency and labor contract requirements and where applicable, in accordance with National Guard Bureau (NGB) standards, specifically those requirements of the Master Cooperative Agreement between NGB and DMNA – current and as amended for all. The position may report to state and/or federal supervisory personnel.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
• Assists in preparing and administering the annual budget and
• Obtains and develops information for the Capital Investment
• Manages the coordination for goods and services.
• Inputs and updates data into several different data bases.
• Prepares narrative and statistical reports.
• Conducts studies, manages correspondence and filing, prepares
and conducts presentations and meetings.
• Conducts initial project site visits to coordinate user needs and
project manager requirements.
• Monitors and evaluates expenditures and other financial reports
associated with federal/state reimbursements.
• Prepares draft procedures and provides guidance on
requirements for budget revisions and amendments.
• Compiles worksheets and supporting financial data to justify
budget allocation requests and internal program requests for
• Assesses annual financial needs and proposals with program
• Facilitates execution of military construction (MILCON),
Maintenance, Repair and Operation and Maintenance
• Develops, phases, and estimates future projects.
• Develops, coordinates and updates planning and programming
• Provides technical coordination and assistance for project
management, budgetary execution and reconciliation.
• Researches requirements for Project Book and Statement of
• May coordinate travel and process expense reports.
• May assist in scheduling, registering and executing trainings and
meetings for facilities.
• May purchase and reconcile purchasing documents in
accordance with procedures.
• May supervise subordinate personnel.
• Will complete and attend training as required.
• Periodic overtime may be required.
• Periodic travel may be required using various modes of
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Good knowledge of office management methods and practices.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Software Programs,
especially Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and Internet
Explorer. Access knowledge preferred.
• Ability to independently plan and organize work schedule.
• Ability to prepare narrative and statistical material, data and information to agency administrators and public/private customers.
• Ability to extract accounting information from records, transactions, and statements and prepare summaries.
• Ability to calculate, prepare, and/or verify accounting forms, transactions, records, and reports.
• Ability to work independently or with other individuals in a project/team setting in accordance with supervisory guidance and direction.
• Ability to get along with and interact well with different groups of people, including co-workers, management, both Federal and State personnel and the public.
• Experience in multi-tasking and meeting multiple deadlines.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to prepare written material in a clear and concise form.
• Ability to read and write in English.
• Demonstrate reliability and trustworthiness.
• Working knowledge of the rules, regulations, procedures, and guidelines governing accounts maintenance and fiscal transactions as developed by Office of the State Comptroller (OSC) and Office of General Services (OGS).
• Working knowledge of the agency, the National Guard Bureau and/or other state operations.
• Some supervisory experience preferred.
Additional Comments This position is not in the Classified Service of New York State, but is covered under New York State Military Law. If selected, current Civil Service employees will lose their seniority within the Classified Service, thereby exempting them from applying for promotional exams within Civil Service.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
330 Old Niskayuna Road
Notes on ApplyingTo be considered for interview, submit a cover letter and resume. In e-mail subject line and cover letter indicate the title, location, vacancy announcement number of the position for which you are applying. Ensure to clearly note how you meet the minimum qualifications for the position. Please be certain to note your specific license or certification to meet requirements.
If you are a former public employee retired within New York State currently receiving benefits, indicate this and the name of the retirement system in your cover letter.
Cover letter and resume may be submitted via E-mail (preferred method), FAX, or Mail. ENSURE TO COPY E-MAIL ADDRESS EXACTLY.
E-mail to: email@example.com
FAX to: (518) 786-4969
For Questions: (518) 786-4830
New York State Division of Military and Naval Affairs
State Human Resources Management
330 Old Niskayuna Road
Latham, New York 12110-3514
POSITION WILL BE POSTED UNTIL FILLED.
VAGUENESS AND OMISSIONS WILL NOT BE RESOLVED IN YOUR FAVOR.
ALL CURRENT PERMANENT DMNA STATE EMPLOYEES WHO MEET THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS WILL BE INTERVIEWED TO EVALUATE THEIR QUALIFICATIONS, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, ABILITY TO MEET THE NEEDS OF THE DIVISION AND ABILITY TO PERFORM THE DUTIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION. THE REQUIREMENT TO PROVE QUALIFICATION SHALL REST WITH THE EMPLOYEE.
ALL OTHER CANDIDATES WHO MEET THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR INTERVIEW TO EVALUATE THEIR QUALIFICATIONS, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE IN RELATION TO THE DUTIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION.