Minimum Qualifications Permanent transfer candidates: Current Department of Health (DOH) employee with permanent or contingent-permanent status as a Medicaid Redesign Analyst 1 (G18). Public Candidates: Active list candidate on the New York State Department of Civil Service's Professional Career Opportunities (PCO) eligible list with a score of 100 OR qualified 55B/C candidate in possession of a Bachelor's or higher degree.
Critical thinking skills, analytical skills using Microsoft Excel, ability to solve problems independently. Professional work experience should include policy, projections and trend analysis. The candidate must also have the ability to interact and collaborate with other staff with the Department of Health as well as Other State Agencies.
Duties Description This incumbent will function as a financial analyst within the Bureau of Global Cap, Rebates, and Supplemental Programs within OHIP’s Division of Finance and Rate Setting (DFRS) in the tracking, analyzing, and forecasting of the Medicaid Global Cap.
The Medicaid Global Cap is comprised of payments to plans and providers to cover medical services for 7 million Medicaid recipients and is projected to total a net $22.3 billion in FY 2022 ($55.7 billion prior to offsets).
The incumbent will perform analysis to identify trends and potential efficiencies within Medicaid. The incumbent will also interact and collaborate with rate setting, fiscal management, and program staff within the Department as well as other state agencies that interact with the Medicaid program. Further, the incumbent will often be tasked with developing deliverables and occasionally presenting materials with executive staff in the Bureau. Further duties include:
• Establish annual Medicaid program spending targets;
• Track, analyze, and project program spending, offsets, and enrollment on a monthly basis;
• Process and review provider’s early release payment requests;
• Project revenue and spending of the Essential Plan;
• Organize Medicaid data, analyses, and policies (State, Federal, Local) for executive staff review and recordkeeping;
• Prepare State Plan Amendments (SPAs) and State Regulations;
• Work collaboratively with the Division of the Budget (DOB) and consultants on the Medicaid Forecast;
• Review, track, and process provider rate packages; and
• Prepare quarterly Legislative mandated Medicaid Global Cap and Medicaid Drug Cap reports.
Additional Comments Microsoft Excel knowledge, skills, and abilities are a requirement.
This posting will remain up until the position is filled.
"Benefits of Working for NYS
Generous benefits package, worth 65% of salary, including:
Holiday & Paid Time Off
• Thirteen (13) paid holidays annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid vacation leave annually
• Up to Five (5) days of paid personal leave annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid sick leave annually for PEF/CSEA
• Up to Eight (8) days of paid sick leave annually for M/C
• Up to three (3) days of professional leave annually to participate in professional development
Health Care Benefits
• Eligible employees and dependents can pick from a variety of affordable health insurance programs
• Family dental and vision benefits at no additional cost
• New York State Employees’ Retirement System (ERS) Membership
• NYS Deferred Compensation
• Access to NY 529 and NY ABLE College Savings Programs, as well as U.S. Savings Bonds
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
• And many more.. "
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit your resume and cover letter, preferably in PDF format, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with Reference JGL/MRA1/99373 included in the subject line or by mail to Human Resources Management Group, JGL/MRA1/99373, Rm 2217, Corning Tower Building, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12237-0012, or by fax to (518) 473-3395. Failure to include the required information may result in your resume not being considered for this position.