Duties Description As an Administrative Assistant, you would help to ensure the efficient operation of the Commission’s NYC Legal office by performing a wide range of tasks related to correspondence, electronic and paper files, calendar management, fielding telephonic inquiries, information gathering, and compilation of reports.
Specific duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Setting up and maintaining paper and electronic filing systems, including scanning, reviewing, and indexing large volumes of documents.
• Processing all incoming correspondence (mail, email, fax, etc.)
• Researching and analyzing complaints to determine proper file storage location.
• Preparing correspondence, reports, legal documents and other documents utilizing software such as Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat DC.
• Reviewing documents for spelling, grammar and consistency with agency practices and procedures.
• Handling telephone calls and assisting visitors.
• Performing other clerical and administrative duties as necessary.
Additional duties: Candidate will support attorneys and investigators on matters relating to judicial ethics and will be required to adapt to frequently changing assignments and perform several duties simultaneously.
Familiarity with the NYS court system useful but not required.
Reports to the Executive Assistant to the Deputy Administrator.
Additional Comments Required skills:
• Proficiency in Microsoft WORD and EXCEL and Adobe Acrobat Professional
• Fast, accurate typing
• Comfortable moving scanned documents in a network
• Integrity, honesty, trustworthiness and discretion
• Patient and calm telephone manner in dealing with the public
This position is eligible for full NYS benefits including: health, dental and vision insurance; pension plan; paid time off; etc.
The State of New York does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, religion or disability in the admission to, access to or employment in our programs or activities. Reasonable accommodation will be provided upon request. The State of New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is also eligible for an additional $3,026 in location pay.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingQualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com (PDF files, preferred). To be considered, the subject line of the email MUST include the job code NYA22.
Note: New hires must be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus by the date of hire, unless granted a reasonable accommodation due to disability or religion.