Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• At least three years experience working in a busy and fast-paced office, preferably for a high-level executive.
• Ability to work efficiently and under deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing
• Strong organizational skills
Duties Description DUTIES DESCRIPTION
This position is assigned to the External Relations unit. Duties will include, but not be limited to:
• Maintains the Deputy Commissioner’s schedule and makes all arrangements related to that schedule, including travel and meeting arrangements.
• Serves as the manager of the External Affairs Office, ensuring, among other things, the time and attendance of staff located in that Office, the proper administration and support coverage of the Unit, the proper functioning of office equipment, and the adequate stock of supplies.
• Develop policies and procedures to govern the work records of the Deputy Commissioner
• Maintain the records and files of the Deputy Commissioner’s Unit in a way that ensures security, completeness, and easy accessibility by the Deputy Commissioner.
• Drafts correspondence as requested or as needed by the Deputy Commissioner
• Submits all forms and paperwork required by the Deputy Commissioner or the unit in accordance with Division requirements.
• Distributes correspondence as appropriate and ensures timely follow-up/response by staff to whom the correspondence has been distributed. Maintains log and files regarding the same.
• Completes miscellaneous projects, assignments, and/or tasks relating to programmatic and/or operations functions.
• Interacting with clients in person and over the telephone.
• Writing press releases.
• Planning outreach events.
• Posting on DHRS’s social media platforms.
• Updating information on DHR’s website.
• Helping to revise existing DHR publications and developing new ones.
• Giving presentations.
• Assisting with the execution of education and outreach programs.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit resume along with a cover letter.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via e-mail at Info@goer.ny.gov.