Minimum Qualifications Interested candidates must currently be reachable on the appropriate eligible list or eligible to transfer under section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law or eligible for appointment via the 55-b/c program.
Transfer via 70.1:
To be eligible for a 70.1 transfer, an individual must have one year of permanent competitive service in a qualifying title allocated to a salary grade 6 or above.
Appointment via 55-b/c program
To be eligible to be consider for a 55-b/c appointment a candidate must:
• Possess the minimum qualifications for the selected title as established by the Department of Civil Service
• Meet the applicable minimal mental and/or physical requirements for the job (with a reasonable accommodation, if necessary-
• Have a current Eligibility Letter from the NYS Department of Civil Service www.cs.ny.gov/rp55/ and be able to provide to the Human Resources Office upon request.
Duties Description The two Office Assistant 1 will be responsible for providing administrative office support to the Division of Human Resources (DHR) performing as the front desk receptionist for Personnel. *Telecommuting not allowed, must provide in office customer service and office support*
The duties will include, but will not be limited to:
• Answer phones, screen, and direct calls to appropriate point of contact
• Greet and assist each visitor to DHR
• Receive and distribute incoming mail
• Manage Human Resources Electronic Mailbox
• Type general correspondence
• Ensure reception coverage at all times (breaks, meetings, days off, etc).
• Monitor and manage level of available office supplies; place orders/resupply as necessary.
• Update Personnel Lock Box effective date cover sheet bi-weekly
Manages Personnel History Files (PHF)
• File documents into PHF’s
• Prepare and collate PHF's when requested
• Pull all inactive employee personal history files after every pay period
• Organize and document archived files
• Create all new employee PHF’s
• Set up meeting notices for PHF viewings
• Reviewing and preparing documents for scanning
• Scan hard copy documents in PHF to FileNet, electronic PHF System
• Retrieve scanned data as requested
• Quality check documents to ensure data integrity
• Distribute or provide access to digital documents as requested
• Add new employees to directory and intranet directory page
• Maintain inactive list of separating employees
Assist with New Employee Orientation for incoming OSC employees
• Prepare Orientation packets including ordering forms and keeping handouts up to date
• Assist with special Orientation sessions
• Order Health Insurance publications for OSC employees
• Create Health Insurance packets for new OSC employees
Additional Comments DESIRED COMPETENCIES
• Demonstrates experience with maintaining a high level of confidentiality
• Exhibits excellent interpersonal skills with staff, and with customers
• Possesses excellent telephone skills.
• Manages time well and performs tasks accurately and within specific time frames
• Demonstrates technological proficiency including Microsoft Excel, Word
• Ability to use common office equipment including personal computers, scanners, and
• Demonstrates strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task and set priorities
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
110 State Street, 12th Floor
Notes on ApplyingNotes on Applying: All Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 11, 2022.
Interested 55-b/c candidates, please include a copy of your valid 55-b/c eligibility certification letter issued by the New York State Department of Civil Service. Candidates submitting expired eligibility certification letters will not be considered.
Please reference Items #00850 and #00851—OER-JFP in the subject line when responding.
To obtain detailed information and/or apply to the Veterans & Disabled Individuals 55-b/c
Program. Please visit the Department of Civil Service 55-b/c Recruitment Resources Program Portal at:
• frequently asked questions www.cs.ny.gov/rp55/faq.cfm
• Email: SSDRecruitServices@cs.ny.gov
• Phone: (518) 473-8961 or (866) 297-4356
When responding, please include the reference number and letters listed in this section. The OER ID # should not be included.