Minimum Qualifications Education Level required: Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Finance, Marketing, Economics, or Urban Planning.
Relevant experience required: 10 years’ experience in urban or regional development and/or in economic development policy formulation.
Knowledge required: Broad knowledge of business, economic development and public development programs and management.
Duties Description BASIC FUNCTION:
The Regional Director will be charged with directing and managing ESD’s Regional Office and will be responsible for sourcing, originating and developing a robust pipeline of new transactions with private sector companies, implementing new programs that are consistent with ESD policy objectives, structuring discretionary incentive packages for businesses and not-for-profit entities, guiding projects through the necessary board and public approval processes and creating and maintaining strong working relationships with external clients.
• Direct operations of ESD Regional Office on a day-to-day basis
• Maintain key external communications with the Regional Council and other regional, state, public and private entities
• Oversee implementation of the Consolidated Funding Application projects within the region
• Source and originate grant and loan deals in alignment with strategic plans
• Structure and negotiate State involvement in awarding discretionary benefits to projects with developers, end users and local governments
• Coordinate and collaborate with Governor’s office, ESD Senior Vice President and the CEO, local Regional Council and other State and local agencies to implement projects
• Build and maintain relationships with governmental and quasi-governmental entities, real estate and business groups, civic and community organizations, cultural and professional organizations, and advocacy groups
• Represent ESD on issues relevant to the State economy and business climate as assigned or requested
• Provide overall guidance and management in professional development of staff
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingExternal Candidates, to apply copy and paste URL in browser: https://bit.ly/3APr8cp
Internal Candidates: Please apply through ADP through the Myself/Talent menu
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY