Minimum Qualifications Interested candidates must be reachable on the Associate Accountant, SG-23, Civil Service eligible list OR must be eligible to transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Individual must have one year of permanent competitive service in a qualifying title allocated to a grade 21 or higher.
Duties Description Supervise 2-3 Senior Accountants in the Global Investment unit, including oversight of all reconciliations, trade/fx uploads and reporting.
• Continuously monitor and train staff, as needed. Assist staff with the most difficult accounting tasks relating to the Global Investments. Ensure reconciliations are performed accurately and timely and that necessary communications/follow-up with business partners is documented. Ensure trade and foreign currency contracts are uploaded timely and accurately.
Communicate with custodian bank regarding global tax related issues.
• Research, track and ensure appropriate resolution and accounting. Update staff on outstanding issues.
Assist Principal Accountant in the evaluation of internal controls for the unit and recommend improvements as necessary. Assist with various ad hoc projects as needed to improve processes.
• Evaluate internal controls and unit processes. Recommend improvements particularly where new technology is implemented or when special projects arise.
Prepare financial reports and monthly journal entries. Prepare other reports as needed.
• Perform ongoing review of the procedures used for preparation of general ledger journal vouchers for Global investments, including preparation of work papers. Compile year-end work papers and reconciliations. Prepare other reports as requested.
Liaison with auditors for questions related to the Global portfolio and provide requested audit documentation. Perform audit procedures, as needed.
Compile necessary documentation. Assist auditors in understanding foreign currency transactions, income and tax withholding for foreign investments. Perform required year-end audit procedures for funds of one and commingled accounts with appropriate supporting documentation. Ensure accounts properly reported in compliance with applicable GASB standards
Additional Comments Desired Competencies
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task and work with many business partners
• Responsive, professional, able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to manage staff and meet deadlines
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent Excel Skills
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
110 State Street
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than August 11, 2022. Please reference Item #08648– OER-JMB in the subject line of the email and in the cover letter when responding.
When responding, please include the reference number and letters listed in this section. The GOER Vacancy # should not be included.