Minimum Qualifications Interested candidates must be reachable on the Associate Accountant, SG-23, Civil Service eligible list OR must be eligible to transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Individual must have one year of permanent competitive service in a qualifying title allocated to a grade 21 or higher.
Duties Description Review staff reconciliations and GL transaction activity.
• Assist staff with the most difficult accounting tasks relating to general ledger. Ensure reconciliations are performed accurately and timely and that necessary communications/follow-up with business partners is documented.
Supervise and provide technical support to staff.
• Responsible for developing functional procedures and reporting guidelines, including reconciliation procedures between transactions, PeopleSoft, and the general ledger. Preparation of worksheets, checklists and other documentation to demonstrate overall internal control compliance.
Mentor and train staff.
• Prepare regular comprehensive staff evaluations and provide clear expectations. Facilitate training opportunities for staff to develop skills that will contribute to their success. Encourage behavior that demonstrates genuine effort and acknowledge team achievements.
Provide GL data to internal and external business partners.
Export GL data from MicroSoft Dynamics in Excel. Analyze and organize the data based on request. Export transaction data from PeopleSoft via queries to Excel. Analyze and organize the data based on request. GL and transaction data is needed for fiscal year end audit requests. It is needed for monthly reconciliations by investment staff and operational bureaus or by Office of Internal Audit or Department of Financial Services as part of their audits of the System.
Additional Comments Desired Competencies
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task and work with many business partners
• Responsive, professional, able to work in a fast paced environment
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Excellent time and attendance
• Excellent organizational skills
• Extensive experience with Excel, as well as familiarity with data analysis and research techniques
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
110 State Street, 12th Floor
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than August 11, 2022. Please reference Item #07993– OER-JMB in the subject line of the email and in the cover letter when responding.
When responding, please include the reference number and letters listed in this section. The OER Vacancy # should not be included.