Minimum Qualifications Four years of experience involved with the scheduling of events in a hotel and/or conference facility which hosts at least 250 use days annually. Experience required includes scheduling multi-event facility usage; coordinating equipment and support services; and direct public contact.
Substitution: A bachelor’s degree may substitute for three years of the required experience. An associate degree may substitute for two years.
Duties Description • Schedule and coordinate space use at Empire State Plaza (ESP), Empire State Plaza Convention Center, Harriman Campus, and other OGS-managed facilities.
• Responsible for verifying program requests from clients and event organizers including date and space availability, confirming the scope of the event and program needs as well as coordinating catering needs, logistics, and event support services.
• Perform specific tasks required to support the year-round schedule of events held at OGS managed facilities including the “At the Plaza” series.
• Develop and execute events. Tasks include vendor solicitation and invoicing, coordination of program requirements and logistics, and the completion of the appropriate paperwork required for the execution of the event.
• Perform additional administrative and operations support tasks as needed.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule which includes, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• Overtime will be mandatory to support event operations.
• Some travel will be required.
• Possess and maintain a valid New York State driver’s license.
Additional Comments NOTE ON TELECOMMUTING: OGS employees are required to apply and obtain approval through management to telecommute according to the agency’s Telecommuting Program Guidelines.
NOTE ON COVID-19 VACCINATION/WEEKLY TESTING: All State employees in Executive controlled agencies who are fully vaccinated are to provide proof of this upon hire. At this time all unvaccinated employees do not need to submit weekly testing for COVID-19. Please note the weekly testing requirement may change at any time.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.