Minimum Qualifications A bachelor’s degree and two years of experience in intelligence analysis, or homeland security, counter terrorism or emergency preparedness analysis and assessment in a law enforcement, intelligence, homeland security, emergency management or response organization. A master’s degree may substitute for one year of the experience.
Please note, that due to the anticipated response to this announcement, your resume must clearly define your analysis experience outlined above or you will be disqualified from consideration of an interview.
Duties Description Duties will include but not be limited to the following:
• Perform Homeland Security Analysis. Homeland security analysis includes but is not limited to: analysis of terrorist tactics and trends; infrastructure security trend analysis; program evaluation; fire, police, and EMS analysis; physical or cybersecurity risk analysis; threat analysis; physical or cyber security assessments, communications, public health or emergency management analysis; hazard analysis; or any other public safety analysis as appropriate.
• Assess infrastructure security. This includes, working with internal and external partners, reviewing, evaluating and commenting on safety and security plans and concepts; identification of vulnerabilities at fixed facilities; identification of vulnerabilities in information technology systems; making recommendations to improve the security of facilities; discovering potential failures.
• Work with a multi-disciplinary team and developing and maintaining positive relationships with agency partners, including public and private sector entities.
• Plan, organize, and conduct analytical assessments.
• Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of physical security within the Water Sector to carry out duties in accordance with Executive Law Section 711-B.
• Analyze physical and cybersecurity vulnerability assessments from the Water Sector to determine compliance with established protective procedures and protocols.
• Support, plan, organize, and conduct assessments of organizations’ security posture, which includes reviewing, evaluating, and commenting on security policies; making recommendations to improve security; and discovering potential failures.
• Develop a detailed knowledge base of document handling procedures and maintain compliance with federal, state, and Water Sector specific policies and protocols.
• Develop and review infrastructure vulnerability assessment tools which inform risk and enable trend analysis.
• Conduct comprehensive research on security trends and liaising with security industry experts to maintain knowledge of trends and techniques, with emphasis on Critical Infrastructure.
• Support research, analysis and writing activities in physical and cybersecurity and the Water Sector as required.
• Support state and local governments required to secure the Public Drinking Water supplies in NYS.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with agency partners, including public and private sector entities.
• Develop correspondence, policy, white papers, standards, bulletins, advisories, and presentations on targeted topics.
• Participate in professional development opportunities and maintain certifications to validate proficiency.
• Work with sensitive information, requiring the ability to obtain a National Security Clearance.
NOTE: Support of operations during times of emergency and disaster from State Emergency Operations Center (EOC), state field offices and/or local deployments may be required, which would result in a change and/or increase in working hours, locations and/or duties.
Additional Comments NOTE ON TELECOMMUTING: DHSES employees are required to apply and obtain approval through management to telecommute according to the agency’s Telecommuting Program Guidelines.
NOTE ON COVID-19 VACCINATION/WEEKLY TESTING: All State employees in Executive controlled agencies who are fully vaccinated are to provide proof of this upon hire. At this time all unvaccinated employees do not need to submit weekly testing for COVID-19. Please note the weekly testing requirement may change at any time.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.