Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be reachable on the appropriate Civil Service eligible list or a current NYS employee eligible for transfer under Section 52.6, 70.1 or 70.4 of the Civil Service Law. Depending on qualifications, candidates may be required to serve a 2-year traineeship that leads to the journey level grade 18 position.
To be eligible for a 70.1 transfer, a candidate must have one year of permanent competitive service in a 70.1 qualifying title.
To be eligible for a 52.6 transfer, a candidate must have one year of permanent competitive service in a 52.6 qualifying title.
One year of permanent competitive service in a position allocated to a SG-11 or higher, possess a Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited college or university or one recognized by the New York State Education Department as following acceptable educational practices and have standing on the PATT or Professional Career Opportunities (PCO) eligible lists.
The traineeship would include SG-13 Trainee 1, SG-14 Trainee 2 and after successful completion of the two-year traineeship advance to the SG-18 level.
55B/C eligible candidate with a Bachelor’s Degree.
Duties Description Coordinate Personnel Activities for the Office of Operations (OOO)
· Check with supervisor/management on requests to fill vacancies to determine if they are in accordance with approved staffing plans.
· Review duties statements submitted by bureaus for positions requested to fill to ensure completeness. This includes working closely with OHR to facilitate requests for further information/clarification to ensure that duties statement is in line with the Civil Service classification standard.
· Work with supervisor and/or the Office of Human Resources (OHR) in obtaining pertinent information regarding staffing procedures/guidelines and implementing those procedures/guidelines appropriately and accurately (e.g., ARTL lists, provisional appointments, rehire retirees, reinstatements, etc.).
· Processes requests to fill vacancies timely.
· Submits communication regarding staffing changes/updates to other units within OOO (i.e., CIO, Training & Communications, appropriate bureau staff, etc.).
· Answers questions from program managers and staff
· Provide eligible lists, resumes and information regarding eligibility of candidates to OOO bureau contacts.
· Serve as Personnel Liaison and represent OOO at meetings.
· Determine and analyze what titles/appointments require special handling and communicate such to bureau contacts (e.g., CMS 1, SPE 1, Payroll Analyst 1 & Accountant traineeships, decentralized lists, transcripts, transfer acknowledgement, etc.).
· Research, analyze and identify solutions to various HR issues within OOO bureaus. Consult with OHR and ensure that solutions are appropriate and all policies and procedures are adhered to.
· Provide accurate employee and position data to OOO management as requested.
· Publish OOO job postings.
Coordinate Onboarding & Offboarding for OOO
· Submit appropriate requests to on-board/off-board OOO employees in order to provision/de-provision equipment, software, system, and folder accesses.
· Submit appropriate requests to pause/reactivate system and folder accesses when employees go on extended leave and return.
· Submit requests timely and accurately according to established templates, rules, and procedures.
Purchasing Support for OOO
· Monitor email for incoming work requests to purchase products/services; renew purchase orders; and approve invoices
· Conduct purchases in alignment with OSC rules and procedure
Publishing Support for OOO
· Monitor email and ticketing system for incoming work requests to publish content to the intranet and/or internet
· Process requests according to service level agreement
· Ensure content is developed/formatted according to standards for OSC intranet and internet content
Additional Comments Desired Competencies
· Demonstrates strong planning and organization ability.
· Detail oriented, self-motivated, and willing to take on new assignments.
· Demonstrates a strong service mindset and related behavior.
· Demonstrates teamwork across organizational boundaries.
· Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability.
· Demonstrates ability to manage multiple priorities.
· Demonstrates comfort and effectiveness in communicating with all employee types (employees, supervisors, managers, executives).
· Demonstrates accountability for actions.
· Demonstrates ability to communicate clearly, succinctly, with proper use of language and grammar, and tone.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
110 State Street, 12th Floor
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than August 12, 2022. Please reference Item #01502-OER-DG when responding.
When responding, please include the reference number and letters listed in this section. The OER ID # should not be included.