Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
Successful completion of a nationally accredited central service exam for central service technicians AND current certification by a nationally accredited central sterile technician credentialing organization as a Certified Registered Central Service Technician, Central Sterile Processing and Distribution Technician, or a substantially equivalent credential.
Ability to obtain required certification within 18 months of hiring date.
• Preference given to candidates with current Central Service Technician certification
• Strong computer database skills a plus
Duties Description The Teaching Hospital Sterile Supply Technician 1 position will provide various types of Instrument Management System (IMS) support to both clinical and pre-clinical activities, including:
• Managing and maintaining inventory equipment, instruments and supplies.
• Establishing preventive maintenance procedures and schedules.
• Organizing material distribution and returns.
• Carrying out various administrative tasks, providing feedback and input.
• assuring that all instruction equipment is properly sterilized and maintained.
• Careful adherence to all infectious control policies and procedures.
Outstanding Benefits Package
Working at UB comes with benefits that exceed salary alone. There are personal rewards including comprehensive health and retirement plan options. We also focus on creating and sustaining a healthy mix of work, personal and academic pursuit – all in an effort to support your work-life effectiveness. Visit our benefits website to learn about our benefit packages.
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
• Need to be able to lift up to 55 lbs
• Bend and stand for extended periods of time
• Need to be willing to receive Hepatitis-B 3-dose vaccinations series
• must be will to provide 2 PPD skin test prior to employment
• willing to provide annual PPD
Additional Comments Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.