50 Wolf road
Minimum Qualifications To be considered for permanent appointment, candidates must be reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list or be eligible for reassignment or transfer in accordance with Civil Service Law.
If a viable eligible list does not exist, a provisional appointment may be made in accordance with Civil Service Law. Candidates who accept a provisional appointment must take the next competitive examination and be reachable on the resultant eligible list in order to be considered for permanent appointment to the position.
Duties Description The Office of Structures is responsible for a wide variety of duties and functions. The PET works under the supervision of a Professional Engineer 1. The duties assigned to this position may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Perform engineering work of moderate difficulty relating to the design, estimating, and preparation of contract plans for new and replacement bridge projects.
• Perform field inspections and assist in preparing the necessary reports prior to preparing the contract documents for bridge rehabilitation projects.
• Prepare and review structural drawings, details, specifications and estimates.
• Develop and utilize complete physical engineering models for design, clash detection, visualization, construction coordination, contract plan preparation, and estimating.
• Review contractor submittals for construction and fabrication of structural elements.
• Act as a liaison between the Regional Office, Office of Construction and others related to bridge construction and fabrication.
• Perform Quality Assurance activities for the Department Bridge Data and Bridge Inspection programs.
Responsibilities may include serving a role within the Incident Command System to support the department’s response to regional and statewide emergency situations.
Additional Comments *Telecommuting: The Department’s current telecommuting agreement is valid through December 31, 2022 and is subject to extension beyond that date.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
50 Wolf Road, POD 4-3
Notes on ApplyingQualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and a current resume with the Notice Number MO-22-28 in the subject line and referenced in the letter of interest no later than August 16th, 2022