11 Wilbur Road
Minimum Qualifications You must take and pass a Civil Service examination in order to be considered for this position.
Possession of a license to practice medicine in New York State and completion of an accredited training program in general psychiatry acceptable by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology for entrance into its examination. Eligible for full and unconditional participation in the Medicaid and Medicare programs.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• If appointed, you may be required to become an enrolled Medicare provider; obtain and provide to your employer a National Provider Identifier (NPI) number issued by the National Plan and Provider Enumeration System (NPPES); and otherwise actively participate to the degree necessary to allow for your services to be billed through Medicare and Medicaid. If you are appointed and lose the ability to bill through Medicare and Medicaid, you may be terminated from your employment.
• License and Certification: Loss of license or limited permit to practice medicine in New York State or failure to maintain certification by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (if required) will result in action to remove you from the position.
• NYS license to practice medicine: Information on requirements for licensure should be directed to the New York State Education Department, Office of the Professions at: The New York State Education Department, Office of the Professions, Division of Professional Licensing Services, Medicine Unit, 89 Washington Avenue, Albany, NY 12234-1000; (518) 474-3817 ext. 260; or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Psychiatrists are an essential part of the Article 16 Clinic behavioral health team. They provide comprehensive
psychiatric treatment services built on principles of effective, measurable, and accountable care. As medical doctors,
psychiatrists are responsible for ensuring that all services are integrated to promote mental and physical health and
Additionally, since psychopharmacology has become an integral component of modern mental health treatment,
psychiatrists serve as primary prescribers.
The Psychiatrist 2 may also provide clinical supervision and guidance to other medical personnel or clinicians and may
supervise psychiatric care and treatment services for an assigned facility or program.
The Psychiatrist 2 will advise residential multi-disciplinary treatment teams on implementing psychiatric plans of care.
As a Psychiatrist 2, you will serve as a practicing specialist and may oversee services for a treatment program, a group
of clients or residents, a facility, or a unit.
Additional Comments OTHER: *Downstate Adjustment of $3,026.00 would be added to hiring rate/job rate for base is of Hudson Valley DDSO Thiells location (Rockland County).
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• The assignment of PS&T employees will be made in accordance with the Memorandum of Understanding between PEF and Hudson Valley DDSO regarding the posting of job vacancies.
• All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
• If you are employed by state government, you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that they need a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office at (518) 473-4785 or Email at: email@example.com to obtain information and RA forms.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
• Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide their current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at 518-473-3130 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
7 Wilbur Road
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION PROCEDURE:
Submit cover letter and résumé to:
Hudson Valley DDSOO
Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 470,
7 Wilbur Road
Thiells, NY 10984
Phone: 845-947-6000, option 3, option 5
Please reference the above EOA #22-118R in all correspondence.