Minimum Qualifications Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university or one recognized by the New York State Education Department as following accepted education practices, plus three (3) years relevant experience. Relevant experience should be in a governmental office with one (1) of those years being responsible for substantial work product*. Master’s degree may substitute for one (1) year of general experience.
Supervisory Experience Preferred*
Duties Description • Manage the purchasing of goods and services for the Public Information Office (PIO). Serve as a liaison to external vendors.
• Prepare written materials including brochures, reports, and other digital materials about programs.
• Develop and disseminate timely informational and promotional content via social media platforms.
• Assist in analyzing, developing, and implementing digital systems to meet office and program needs by conducting assessments on hardware and software capabilities.
• Establish a database of digital and traditional media content (website, social media, print materials) for agency use.
• Support collaboration with the Office of Administration and Finance on PIO related contracts such as Meltwater, FirstAlert/DataMinr, etc.
• Administer communications by preparing and tracking correspondence as well as answering questions from staff, the public, elected and appointed officials.
• Evaluate proposed policies, legislation, position papers, and management proposals. Prepare written analysis and recommendations describing potential benefits, impact, and issues.
• Prepare and revise work methods, procedures, and reports for distribution to office management.
• Develop and implement record-keeping systems and controls.
• Perform staff services for executive staff and program managers.
• May be assigned to supervise and administer small programs or parts of programs.
• May preform the full scope of supervisory functions.
• Travel required.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
NOTE: Support of operations during times of emergency and disaster from State Emergency Operations Center (EOC), state field offices and/or local deployments may be required, which would result in a change and/or increase in working hours, locations and/or duties.
Additional Comments NOTE ON TELECOMMUTING: DHSES employees are required to apply and obtain approval through management to telecommute according to the agency’s Telecommuting Program Guidelines.
NOTE ON COVID-19 VACCINATION/WEEKLY TESTING: All State employees in Executive controlled agencies who are fully vaccinated are to provide proof of this upon hire. At this time all unvaccinated employees do not need to submit weekly testing for COVID-19. Please note the weekly testing requirement may change at any time.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.