Minimum Qualifications CURRENT STATE EMPLOYEES: Current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service in a position allocated to a Grade 6 or above and eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
NOTE: This vacancy posting is for the purposes of notifying individuals about transfer opportunities. Employees reachable on the Civil Service eligible list will be/have been canvassed and should not respond to this posting. If you are on the eligible list and not reachable, you may be eligible for transfer. You are encouraged to access GOT-IT on the Civil Service website (www.cs.ny.gov) to determine transfer eligibility or contact OGS Human Resources for your transfer options.
GENERAL PUBLIC CANDIDATES:
Applicants who are 55 b/c eligible may apply to this posting. If interested in this position and applying using your 55b/c status, please provide a copy of your current 55b/c eligibility letter. If this is not provided with your resume, you will not be considered for this position.
Duties Description Duties include but are not limited to:
• Manually insert letters into envelopes, seal, and apply postage.
• Retrieve, sort, record, weigh, and distribute materials.
• Stage, package, and label outgoing shipments.
• Pull supplies from stock and record inventory.
• Maintain accurate records.
• Operate a motor vehicle to pick up and deliver items.
• Assist in keeping all facility areas clean and safe.
• May assist with processing high-volume requests by operating various printing and mail equipment.
• Proficiently utilize program specific software, Microsoft Office Suite, and Adobe Pro.
• Answer phone inquiries and accurately relay messages.
• Interact with colleagues, customers, and vendors in a professional manner.
• Perform tasks in an efficient, timely, and safe manner.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Possession and maintenance of a valid Driver’s License issued by the NYS Department of Motor Vehicle is required.
• Ability to bend, lift (minimum 45 pounds), climb, stand, and walk for long periods of time.
• Comply with established safety procedures.
Additional Comments NOTE ON TELECOMMUTING: OGS employees are required to apply and obtain approval through management to telecommute according to the agency’s Telecommuting Pilot Program Guidelines.
NOTE ON COVID-19 VACCINATION/WEEKLY TESTING: All State employees in Executive controlled agencies who are fully vaccinated are to provide proof of this upon hire. At this time all unvaccinated employees do not need to submit weekly testing for COVID-19. Please note the weekly testing requirement may change at any time.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.