100 Seneca Street
Minimum Qualifications To be considered for permanent appointment, candidates must be reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list(s) or be eligible for reassignment or transfer in accordance with Civil Service Law.
**Candidates with a score of 00 on the PCO Exam are encouraged to apply
Duties Description The incumbent of this position will report to the Director of Human Resources in Main Office; and in conjunction with Main Office staff, the incumbent will assist in the management of all Regional Administrative Service Group activities. Oversight responsibilities will include the following areas: Employee Relations, Personnel, Benefits, Employee Development and office services including Facilities Management and Purchasing.
The incumbent will provide daily supervision of the Regional Administrative Services staff, which includes monitoring time and attendance and ensuring office coverage.
Duties will include, but not be limited to:
• Hiring process, including job vacancy announcements and eligible list management, TCI SharePoint onboarding, SFS offboarding, orientation reviews
• Status change transactions for Regional employees
• Review time & attendance, leave guidance and issues
• Assist with contract/disciplinary grievances for Regional Groups and Residencies, policy and contarct interpretation
• Hearings and investigations into alleged inappropriate behavior/misconduct
• Purchasing activities including maintaing Regional purchasing and accounting payable workflow delegations, receiving requisitions and approving/dispatching of POs to vender for Regional purchases, review and approve NYS Procurement card transactions in SFS
• Facilities activities including managing employee ID request and distribution, facilitate employee relocations, buidling repairs, and ensuring all facility issues are addressed
• Position classification, recruitment, placement and employee services for the purposes of staffing
Responsibilities may include serving a role within the Incident Command System to support the department’s response to regional and statewide emergency situations.
Additional Comments Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingQualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and a current resume with the Notice Number R5-22-13 in the subject line and referenced in the letter of interest no later than August 17th, 2022