Minimum Qualifications Economic Development Program Specialist Trainee 1 Agriculture, NS=13:
A Bachelor’s Degree or higher
Economic Development Program Specialist Trainee 2 Agriculture, NS=14:
A Bachelor’s Degree or higher and one year of experience in agriculture, economic development, natural resource management, regional planning, manufacturing or food service fields that include business or program management, domestic or international marketing, conducting research, event planning or coordination, or developing or implementing strategies.
Economic Development Program Specialist 1 Agriculture, NS=18:
A Bachelor’s Degree or higher and two years of experience in agriculture, economic development, natural resource management, regional planning, manufacturing or food service fields that include business or program management, domestic or international marketing, conducting research, event planning or coordination, or developing or implementing strategies.
Duties Description • Monitors agricultural economic development program performance, including the execution of contracts and review and approval of claims for payment.
• Delivers and administers food and agricultural business development programs.
• Provides technical assistance and solves economic development problems for NYS food producers, processors, agri-businesses, buyers, and customers.
• Creates, maintains, and distributes agriculture-specific economic development program applications and materials.
• Determines potential participant eligibility for various agricultural economic development funding programs.
• Administers competitive grant programs that award funds to agricultural businesses, government entities and not-for-profits.
• Identifies and assists in the development of new and expanded economic development programs and funding for agricultural business development.
• Researches and compiles fiscal, contract or programmatic data and creates and maintains forms, records, and reports on the State’s agricultural economic development programs.
• Administers farm product marketing orders and assists in the establishment of new farm product marketing orders to market and promote farm products, and support market and farm production research.
• Administers food and agricultural product marketing and promotion programs.
• Identifies, plans, and conducts agricultural outreach, marketing and promotion programs with food and agriculture industry, buyers, vendors and government agencies.
• Represents and promotes the State’s agriculture industry at trade shows, festivals and agriculture producer site visits.
• Develops, prepares, and maintains information that promote and market NYS agricultural commodities and products (e.g., Taste NY and NY Grown and Certified programs) to consumers, wholesalers, retailers and the food industry.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingCandidates that are eligible and interested in being considered for appointment to this position must complete our online employment application and upload their cover letter, resume, and unofficial transcript(s) to the system. Our online employment application can be found at: https://fs30.formsite.com/zMiW7u/5daykmjljv/index.html
The deadline to apply is August 12, 2022.
If you have any questions, please contact Amy Sacco in Human Resources at (518) 457-3216 or email@example.com.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org