50 Wolf Road
Minimum Qualifications To be considered for permanent appointment, candidates must be reachable on the current Civil Service eligible list(s) or be eligible for reassignment or transfer in accordance with Civil Service Law.
**Candidates with a score of 00 on the PCO Exam are encouraged to apply
Duties Description Under the supervision of a Human Resources Specialist 2, the Human Resources Specialist 1 will perform general personnel activities, which include: Classification, Recruitment , Placement and Employment Services. The DOT Personnel Bureau provides services to over 8,000 employees. Duties include but are not limited to:
• Assist in the management of workforce through appointments, promotions, transfers, reinstatements and terminations; and develop requests for new positions, reclassifications, reallocations , minimum qualifications for exam planning, earmark releases and special salary treatments as assigned.
• Understand and interpret Civil Service Law, State Personnel Management Manual, Civil Service Attendance and Leave Manual, Title and Salary Plan and other official references to properly perform a wide variety of human resources activities.
• Assist with the recruitment related activities and events.
• Work with management to identify areas of need and assist with targeted recruitment efforts to fulfill those needs.
• Effectively communicate with candidates, providing timely responses to inquiries and providing information on the appointment process.
• Participate in large workforce initiatives at DOT, such as Seasonal Hiring and Reductions in Force.
• Special Projects or assignments as needed.
The incumbent selected for this position must possess excellent oral and written communication skills and will be required to establish and maintain working relationships with professional, paraprofessional and support staff.
Responsibilities may include serving a role within the Incident Command System to support the department’s response to regional and statewide emergency situations.
Additional Comments Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingQualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and a current resume with the Notice Number MO-22-31 in the subject line and referenced in the letter of interest no later than August 17th, 2022