Minimum Qualifications Candidates for the position of Senior Auditor must possess the following qualifications:
• A minimum of a four (4) year college degree in accounting or finance, or equivalent post-college work experience and at least three (3) years of work experience in financial investigations, forensic accounting and/or law enforcement experience with substantial financial investigative components.
• Ability and willingness to mentor junior auditors on complex financial cases.
• Excellent analytical, communication and organizational skills.
• Collaborative and productive contributor when working on investigative teams and in a group setting.
• Adept at managing multiple projects and priorities simultaneously while meeting all deadlines.
• Technology proficiency that preferably includes knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word and Excel; database and presentation software; and knowledge of the uses of software tools in conducting financial audits and investigative work.
Preferred skills for the position include the following:
• Demonstrated experience reviewing voluminous financial records and advising and assisting in the investigation of alleged fraud.
• Proficiency with database and presentation software such as Visio and PowerPoint.
• A CPA and/or designation as a Certified Fraud Examiner.
Duties Description The New York State Office of the Attorney General’s (OAG) Division of Criminal Justice is seeking an experienced forensic accountant/auditor to serve as a Senior Auditor in either the New York City or Albany office.
The Forensic Audit Section supports the Division by working in partnership with its attorneys, detectives and legal support analysts to investigate cases including, but not limited to, white collar crimes, financial frauds, securities fraud, public integrity-related crimes, tax fraud and organized crime, utilizing the Executive Law, the Martin Act, and other state laws. Many of the actions involve coordination with other state and federal civil and prosecutorial anti-fraud agencies and have resulted in large-scale recoveries on behalf of New York State. An experienced forensic accountant/auditor is needed to participate in these complex fraud investigations and, when appropriate, to support prosecution of crimes uncovered by such investigations.
Additional Comments The annual salary for this position is $81,720 - $106,972 + $3,026 in location pay (if applicable). The final salary will be determined after a complete evaluation of the selected candidate’s qualifications. As an employee of the OAG, you will join a team of dedicated individuals who work to serve the people of our State through a wide variety of occupations. We offer a comprehensive New York State benefits package, including paid leave, health, dental, vision and retirement benefits, and family-friendly policies. Additionally, the OAG offers a robust Workplace Flexibilities Program with multiple options for employees, including telecommuting (up to two days per week) and alternative work schedules.
Per Office of the Attorney General policy, confirmation of vaccination status is a condition of employment for this position. If you are not fully vaccinated, you may be required to provide regular negative COVID-19 PCR test results at a frequency determined by the agency. The agency will consider religious and reasonable accommodations. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Legal Recruitment Bureau - 28 Liberty St
Notes on ApplyingHOW TO APPLY:
Applications are being submitted online. To apply, please go to the OAG website, https://ag.ny.gov/job-postings
Reference No. DCJ_ NYC/ALB_SA_6223
Applicants must be prepared to submit a complete application consisting of the following:
• Cover Letter
? You may address to Legal Recruitment.
? Indicate why you are interested in a position with the Division of Criminal Justice and what makes you a strong candidate.
• Writing Sample
? Provide a sample that you feel best demonstrates your writing and analytical abilities.
• List of three (3) references
? Only submit professional references, supervisory references are preferred.
? Indicate the nature and duration of your relationship to each reference.
? Include contact information and email addresses for each reference.
? Please note, your references will not be contacted until after you interview for the position.
If you have questions regarding a position with the OAG and the application process or need assistance with submitting your application, please contact Legal Recruitment via email at email@example.com or phone at 212-416-8080.
For more information about the OAG, please visit our website: ag.ny.gov