Minimum Qualifications Current NYS Department of Health (DOH) employee with permanent or contingent-permanent competitive service as a Program Aide (G13) OR a NYS employee with one year or more of permanent or contingent permanent, competitive service in a title at or above a (G11) and eligible for transfer to a Program Aide (G13) under section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Demonstrated ability to handle a large and complex workload; excellent writing skills, strong attention to detail; comfortable with various computer applications; highly effective team member.
Duties Description A Program Aide is needed to support the Clinical Laboratory Evaluation Program (CLEP). CLEP is a regulatory program responsible for the oversight of clinical laboratories, including laboratory directors and testing personnel, patient service centers, blood banks, and limited service laboratories located in or accepting specimens from NYS.. The Program Aide will review and research non-routine inquiries to prepare draft responses, prepare messaging for widespread distribution to regulated entities, assist with the management of the inspection and reference fee invoicing and collection process, provide day-to-day oversight of the annual permit reapplication process, and collect, tabulate and analyze data to monitor Program productivity across multiple functional units.
Additional Comments Dependent upon the initial assignment or subsequent reassignment of this position satisfactory background checks may be required. Additionally, exposure to potentially hazardous substances may be involved with this position; the selected candidate may be required to wear personal protective clothing and equipment, and may undergo pre-employment and/or periodic health evaluations and receive specific immunizations.
Full-time, contingent-permanent. Transfer candidates may be asked for their social security number to verify eligibility.
"Benefits of Working for NYS
Generous benefits package, worth 65% of salary, including:
Holiday & Paid Time Off
• Thirteen (13) paid holidays annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid vacation leave annually
• Up to Five (5) days of paid personal leave annually
• Up to Thirteen (13) days of paid sick leave annually for PEF/CSEA
• Up to Eight (8) days of paid sick leave annually for M/C
• Up to three (3) days of professional leave annually to participate in professional development
Health Care Benefits
• Eligible employees and dependents can pick from a variety of affordable health insurance programs
• Family dental and vision benefits at no additional cost
• New York State Employees’ Retirement System (ERS) Membership
• NYS Deferred Compensation
• Access to NY 529 and NY ABLE College Savings Programs, as well as U.S. Savings Bonds
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
• And many more.. "
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit your resume and cover letter, preferably in PDF format, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with Reference NMH/PA/14406 included in the subject line or by mail to Human Resources Management Group, NMH/PA/14406, Rm 2217, Corning Tower Building, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12237-0012, or by fax to (518) 473-3395. Failure to include the required information may result in your resume not being considered for this position. Resumes will be accepted until August 31, 2022.