Minimum Qualifications *Please note that the posted Hiring Salary for this title includes the sum of statutory hiring rate for CSEA Grade 10 ($44,801) and Mid-Hudson Adjustment ($1,513) and Geographic Pay Differential ($13,000). The Mid-Hudson Adjustment ($1,513) and Geographic Pay Differential ($13,000) are also added to job rate ($48,662) for the CSEA Grade 10; Possible increased hiring amount may be requested based on experience
Permanent Qualifications: Candidates must possess or be eligible to obtain a license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse in New York State.
Transfer Qualifications: Candidates must currently be a permanent Licensed Practical Nurse.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION:
This LPN is needed to provide hands on nursing coverage for approximately 27 medically involved individuals who reside in in the 4 Sinpatch homes. Nursing oversite will be provided by the Nurse 2, with administrative oversite provided by the Nurse Administrator 1.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Ensure that all medications and treatments required on that shift are performed and implemented as written, and the data is recorded.
• Provides documentation as needed
• Ensures that the following documentation is accurate and available such as The Ready to Go, monthly MAR, Consents, Current Scripts
• Maintains tickler for OTC expiration dates and OTC orders for the individuals
• Monitors/supervises insulin administration, administering influenza vaccines, along with PO daily medications/treatments
• Provided first aide to individuals and monitor vital signs as needed and reporting to the Nurse 2 their findings
• Acts a liaison between the ICF and IRA Residential staff and the Registered Nurse.
• Purchasing and organizing med room supplies
• Other duties as assigned
NOTE: You must have a valid driver’s license to apply as travel is a part of the duties involved in this position. This may include a state-owned vehicle, as available, or the employee’s own car. An employee who uses his/her own car will be reimbursed at current negotiated rates.
As of October 12, 2021, all OPWDD employees must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit to mandatory weekly testing for COVID-19.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a cover letter detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications and a current resume to the Taconic DDSOO Human Resources Office. Please provide your social security number for service certification and transfer eligibility determination process. Also, be sure to include the vacancy number on this announcement on your resume.
Taconic DDSO – Human Resources
ATTN: Karen Penney
25 Center Circle
Wassaic, New York 12592
Phone: 845-877-6821 ext. 3367
When applying by e-mail please reference the EOA # and Attn: Karen Penney in the subject line
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office (518) 473-9689 or Email at email@example.com to obtain information and RA forms.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
• If you are employed by state government, you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER