Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Candidates reachable on the Civil Service Eligible list(s) will be canvassed. However, you may also apply if you are eligible for appointment by one of the following qualifications:
Appointees must be a veteran as defined by Federal Statute. Preference in selection will be given to veterans with service-connected disabilities.
Status as a Veteran* as defined by federal statutes AND
• A bachelors or higher degree**, OR
• One-year of detailed experience as indicated below.
Detailed Experience: providing employment, reemployment, training and labor market services to job seekers, employers, unions and other interested parties. These activities must include one of the following areas: conducting interviews to evaluate the nature of services desired, obtaining employment histories, identifying barriers to employment and developing solutions to such barriers, providing information about workforce development and training programs and related grants, or reviewing and evaluating workforce development and training services’ applications.
*Eligibility must be verified by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs at the time of interview.
**Degree must be awarded by a college or university accredited by a regional, national, or specialized agency recognized as an accrediting agency by the U.S. Department of Education/U.S. Secretary of Education. If your degree was awarded by an educational institution outside the United States or its territories, you must provide independent verification of equivalency.
Hourly LSR’s are not eligible for transfer or reassignment.
Preferred Qualifications: Ability to initiate and maintain relationships across a diverse set of stakeholders; preference in selection will be given to veterans with service-connected disabilities.
Duties Description STANDARD DUTIES:
but are not limited to the following:
• provide and facilitate a full range of employment and training services to veterans;
• focus on providing and facilitating intensive services to veterans with significant barriers to employment;
• provide case management services;
• conduct outreach activities;
• provide services at other out-station locations as assigned.
Additional Comments Pending Funding Approval
Position specific job duties may include occasional altered work schedule or job assignments which require availability and willingness to work occasional evenings and/or out-stationed assignments.)
• All candidates must submit the following to email@example.com:
• A cover letter
• A copy of your resume in Word or PDF format
• Proof of Bachelor’s degree, if applicable
• Copy of your DD214 (which shows your discharge status) and proof of service connected disability (example: letter from VA is acceptable, please note 55b/c letters cannot be accepted as proof of service connected disability)
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Harriman State Campus, Building 12, Room 561
Notes on ApplyingCandidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Department of Labor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Department of Labor is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for persons with disabilities and workplace diversity.
To be considered for this position, interested applicants should e-mail a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the title, location and vacancy ID #109875 you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail. Failure to do so may result in the delay of processing your application. In order to qualify you for the position, when you have current or prior New York State employment, you may be contacted by the NYSDOL Personnel Bureau for your social security number to confirm your employment history.