50 Wolf Road
Minimum Qualifications Non-Competitive: Bachelor’s degree* and four years of information technology experience, including three years of information security or information assurance experience and two years at a supervisory level.
*Appropriate information security or information assurance experience may substitute for the bachelor’s degree on a year-for-year basis; an associate’s degree requires an additional two years of information technology, information security, or information assurance experience. Experience solely in information security or information assurance may substitute for the general information technology experience.
Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration or major in Information Security, Cyber Security, Digital Forensics, or a related field, Professional certifications such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA); Experience with relevant National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) security standards and Security Policies & Standards. Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills; Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; Demonstrated critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills; Experience presenting to executives and leadership teams, with the ability to communicate IT/OT security and risk-related concepts.
Duties Description The incumbent of this position will work in the Emergency Transportation Operations and System Security Bureau of the Office of Traffic Safety & Mobility.
Typical responsibilities may include, but not be limited to the following:
• Provide direction and identify appropriate resource needs to ensure the security of Department Information Technology (IT) and Operational Technology (OT) systems;
• Maintain the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of Department IT/OT systems;
• Participate in planning, response and recovery to cybersecurity incidents;
• Develop and manage processes to classify IT/OT assets and categorize security risk levels for Department IT and OT systems;
• Determine which cybersecurity framework is appropriate for each IT/OT asset classification;
• Coordinate cybersecurity and cyber-incident planning across the Department;
• Assess cybersecurity risks, identify vulnerabilities and determine capability gaps with the focus of allocating resources to prioritize the most critical needs;
• Ensure the Department is equipped with the knowledge and resources necessary by coordinating or providing cybersecurity awareness training to our staff in support of good cyber hygiene at the user level;
• Determine the impact of emerging and evolving technologies (i.e., 5G, CAV, cloud computing, Intelligent Transportation Systems, IoT) on the security of IT and OT systems;
• Serve as subject-matter expert and point of contact to Department executives and program managers making decisions related to the Department’s use and implementation of IT and OT solutions;
• Perform full range of supervisory responsibilities and other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities may include serving a role within the Incident Command System to support the department’s response to regional and statewide emergency situations.
Additional Comments *Telecommuting: The Department’s current telecommuting agreement is valid through December 31, 2022 and is subject to extension beyond that date.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment
with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
50 Wolf Road, 5th Floor
Notes on ApplyingQualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and a current resume with the Notice Number MO-22-32 in the subject line and referenced in the letter of interest no later than August 18th, 2022