Minimum Qualifications Current New York State Office of General Services employee with permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service as an Office Assistant 1 and interested in reassignment; OR current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service in a position allocated to a SG-6 and eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
Duties Description • Enter overtime and time off into AiM work management system.
• Organize daily log sheets and enter information into tracking spreadsheets.
• Use Excel to keep time off records and requests up to date on v-drive for supervisor’s use.
• Assist in scheduling mandatory trainings (asbestos, Lock Out/ Tag Out, confined space, etc.).
• Answer/refer questions from and provide information to various parties regarding office activities, transactions, and procedures both via telephone and e-mail.
• Schedule appointments and meetings using Microsoft Outlook.
• Receive and appropriately record and distribute mail.
• Maintain fleet vehicle monthly logs and schedule of maintenance.
• Type, proofread, review, and correct correspondence, documents, records, and other written material such as fire safety violation letters, hot work permits, surplus requests, and Tenant Information Bulletins.
Additional Comments NOTE ON COVID-19 VACCINATION/WEEKLY TESTING: All State employees in Executive controlled agencies who are fully vaccinated are to provide proof of this upon hire. At this time all unvaccinated employees do not need to submit weekly testing for COVID-19. Please note the weekly testing requirement may change at any time.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.