Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be reachable for appointment from the current Civil Service eligible list for the title
Transfer: Candidates must have permanent competitive status in the posted title and be eligible for lateral transfer; OR be eligible to transfer via Section 70.1 or 52.6 of Civil Service Law. The transfer cannot be a second consecutive transfer resulting in an advancement of more than two salary grades
Duties Description The Division of Program and Policy Development (DPPD) is responsible for the management, modification and development of most federal agreements and associated program and policy activities required to support OPWDD's mission of helping people with developmental disabilities live richer lives. The responsibilities of the Program Operations Specialist 1 include but are not limited to:
· Collection and review of programmatic and billing documentation that supports service provision and delivery for a defined sample of individuals.
· Review of documentation collected against established review tool to verify completeness and accuracy of case files.
· Develop and complete requests for additional information where needed.
· Review of and complete updates to DOH/OPWDD shared tracking file to monitor progress of reviews.
· Collect and analyze billing data, prepare void impacts when needed.
· Works with staff within and outside DPPD to ensure timely completion of review activities.
· Prepare and update files.
· Assist with managing the people first waiver technical assistance mailbox, including:
· Identifying and acknowledging receipt of emails/questions received.
· Drafting of responses to questions.
· Tracking questions received and responses provided.
· Coordination of technical assistance activities within DPPD and with outside divisions.
· Assist in the development of timelines associated with Waiver amendments and renewal activities.
· Assist with the preparation, review, and development of Waiver application files.
· Assist in the collection of data related to and the preparation of annual 372 reports.
· Assist in the coordination of activities with the DOH Waiver Management Unit.
· Assist in the development of policy guidance documents.
· May assist with research related to HCBS Waiver services, activities, and operations.
Additional Comments Please note:
•Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
•In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
•OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.