Minimum Qualifications One year of permanent, competitive class service in a title eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law. Examples of eligible titles include: Claims Services Representative 1, Claims Services Representative 1 (Disability Benefits), Investigator 2 Comp Claims, Policyholder Services Representative 1, Underwriter 1, Underwriter 1 (Disability Benefits).
Candidates with a score of 100 or higher on the current PCO (Select Titles) eligible list who did not receive a canvass letter via email may also apply. Please make note of this in your cover letter.
Duties Description This position will be in NYSIF's Receivables Management Unit. Duties will include, but are not be limited to:
- Test, document procedures, and provide training for new customer facing initiatives
- Support the day-to-day functions of the PayGo Finance Unit
- Monitor PayGo enrollment and disenrollment, payroll reporting, timely and accurate remittance
- Respond to inquiries regarding cancellations
- Handle call escalations which may require interaction with difficult customers and/or more complicated billing issues
- Explain legal repercussions of cancellation and work to resolve problems
- Reinstate policies when warranted
- Place policies into cancellation when payment agreements are neglected
- Update credit indicators on policy accounts
- Process write-offs to accounts deemed uncollectable
- Process and/or adjust fees and interest charges
- Research payments made to NYSIF that have not properly posted to an account
- Prepare written correspondence in response to inquiries or to notify policyholders of a collection issue
The position may be assigned to specific functions to develop expertise in collections, refunds and/or policy maintenance and adjustments. Special projects will also be assigned.
Additional Comments You must be a current New York State employee to be eligible for transfer to this position.
This position may be designated 55 b/c and is subject to verification of applicant eligibility.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.