Office of Information Technology Services
Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree AND five years of experience in Project Management OR Business Systems Analysis, specializing in business and technical requirements analysis. A master’s degree may substitute for one year of qualifying experience.
Preference may be given to candidates who have:
• Seven years of experience with business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modeling, verification, and methodology development.
• Seven years of experience in providing business analysis and testing support for legacy systems/data migration and infrastructure upgrade projects involving cloud-based commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) products, and/or custom development, process improvement strategies, configurations, troubleshooting incidents and quality assurance.
• Seven years of experience in Business Analysis and Testing tools – Microsoft Office products including Visio, SharePoint, Project, Power Automate, Dynamics, etc., Jira/Confluence, Salesforce, DocuSign, Tableau, COGNOS, TFS, HP QC, Selenium, Zephyr, etc.
• Seven years of experience in all types of testing (including functional, non-functional, regressions, integration, UAT, etc.) of applications, business process validations reporting needs and data sanity checks. This includes writing and executing various types of test cases, testing procedures & cycles, manual and automated testing using Selenium and/or similar tools, defects tracking, bugs resolution, periodic testing results communication and requirements-based validation/testing for final deliverables sign-off.
• Seven years of experience eliciting requirements from a wide audience ranging from SME’s, product owners, developers, managers, and executives.
• Six years of experience in supporting cross-functional process-driven cloud-based solutions such as MS Power Automate, MS Dynamics, Salesforce, Tableau, Talend, and DocuSign.
• Five years of experience in data validation in both SQL Server and Oracle databases along with creating data mapping documents.
• International Institute of Business Analysis BA certification
• Two years of supervisory experience.
Duties Description The New York State Education Department’s (NYSED) State Aid Management (SAM) unit is seeking candidates for a Project Assistant (Business Coordinator) position in the Office of Information Technology Services (ITS). The incumbent of this position will support NYSED’s SAMS Modernization Program. SAMS, in conjunction with dozens of ancillary systems and files, is responsible for the collection, compilation, calculation, analysis, and payment of state aid to public school districts and BOCES in New York State. Under the direction of the Project Director, the incumbent of this position will be responsible for managing and coordinating the efforts of the Program area responsible for the development of the new state aid system. Additionally, the incumbent will work with the Project Director, Project Coordinator, vendors, and business from managers to executive members. The incumbent of this position must be able to work with vendors, project staff, and NYSED ITS staff in the context of the SAMS modernization effort to support current and future needs of the SAMS and NYSED. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Plan, document, and assist with the implementation of features and functionality for State Aid by leading all aspects of requirements elaboration for multiple workstreams with business owners;
• Review existing documentation covering business requirements, current systems and processes, and initial designs of future systems;
• Manage all aspects of requirements elaboration including functional and technical documentation.
• Provide substantive state aid process and system expertise to the Project Director, Project Coordinator and business team and develop requirements for procurements;
• Ensure project + business teams are using the appropriate tools for documentation and management, including JIRA, SharePoint, Confluence, and project management tools approved by the department;
• Coordinate with vendors, senior management, Program area staff, and the Modernization team members to determine requirements gathering, features, business process improvements, and procedures that are used in the State Aid Modernization Project;
• Ensure goals between the Modernization team, Program area, and third-party vendor teams are aligned; and,
• Work collaboratively and effectively with cross-functional teams including legacy applications, business, and senior management.
Additional Comments CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: This will be a temporary appointment. Promotions and transfers may change appointees’ negotiating unit. Candidates should be aware that changes in negotiating units may affect their salary, insurance, and other benefits. Verification of degree and/or work experience will be required at the time of interview for all candidates.
* Leads to a maximum salary of $120,492 based on annual performance advances.
APPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by August 26, 2022 to email@example.com (email submissions are preferred). Your resume must clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. You must include the Box number (PIMS-534/51891) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application. Your social security number may be required to confirm your eligibility.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
89 Washington Avenue, OHRM Room 528EB
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION: Qualified candidates should send a resume and letter of interest by August 26, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org (email submissions are preferred). Your resume must clearly indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. You must include the Box number (PIMS-534/51891) of the position in the subject line of your email and cover letter to ensure receipt of your application. Your social security number may be required to confirm your eligibility.