Minimum Qualifications Current Office of General Services employee with permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service as a Building Construction Program Manager 1 and interested in reassignment; OR current New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service as an Engineer trainee and eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law.
NOTE: This vacancy posting is for the purposes of notifying individuals about transfer opportunities. Employees on the Civil Service eligible list will be considered and should not respond to this posting. If you are on the eligible list and not reachable, you may be eligible for transfer. You are encouraged to access GOT-IT on the Civil Service website (www.cs.ny.gov) to determine transfer eligibility or contact OGS Human Resources for your transfer options.
Duties Description • Coordinate and guide building construction projects through; planning, design, construction, ITS (Information Technology Service), furniture purchase/installation, and tenant occupancy.
• Serve as the focal point for all primary communications between upper management and OGS Design & Construction Group, responsible for disseminating information, identifying problems, and ensuring timely decisions are made in order to keep projects on schedule and within budget while meeting clients’ needs.
• Required to plan, schedule, and coordinate in-house projects from inception to construction completion using available in-house resources, contracted labor, procurement of prime contractors, availability of existing “backdrop” and D&C contracts or any combination thereof.
• Regularly record project activities/progress by providing updates in the OGS Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
• Regularly inform OGS upper management with project status, successes, accomplishments, challenges and recommendations to problem resolutions.
• Provide specific supply list information to the Purchasing Unit for the procurement of goods and services for each project.
Additional Comments Operational Needs:
• Knowledge and direct experience in the practices and principles of design and construction phase services including; construction, electrical, plumbing, HVAC installations and hazardous material abatement.
• Possess and maintain or have the ability to possess NYS Code Enforcement Official certification.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Excellent communication skills
• Travel throughout New York is required.
NOTE ON COVID-19 VACCINATION/WEEKLY TESTING: All State employees in Executive controlled agencies who are fully vaccinated are to provide proof of this upon hire. At this time all unvaccinated employees do not need to submit weekly testing for COVID-19. Please note the weekly testing requirement may change at any time.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.