Minimum Qualifications Human Resources Specialist 1 Municipal Assistance, SG-18: eligible for a 52.6 transfer
Human Resources Specialist Trainee 1 Municipal Assistance, NS: reachable on the PCO eligible list (score of 100 or higher), eligible for a Section 70.1 or 70.4 transfer, or 55-b/c eligible (Must have Bachelor’s Degree and 55b/c designation letter to qualify).
Duties Description Under the supervision of a Human Resources Specialist 4 (Municipal Assistance), the incumbent of this position will be responsible for the following duties:
• Review, research and respond to requests from various government agencies for technical assistance regarding position classification, examinations, job related minimum qualifications, preparation of resolutions and other matters affecting the proper administration of Civil Service Rules according to the policies and procedures of the New York State Civil Service Commission.
• Prepare and present training programs for municipal civil service agency staff and municipal officials concerning proper merit system administration in person and using a virtual platform.
• Understand the operations, policies and procedures of the Testing Services Division regarding test administration questions and communicate information to municipal civil service agency staff.
• Receive and analyze annual report submissions from local civil service agencies to ensure accuracy and timeliness of submissions.
• Review, analyze and process submissions to the New York State Employee Suggestion Program according to established procedures.
• Travel by automobile throughout New York State is a responsibility of the position 10% of the time.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Office of Human Resources and Administrative Planning