Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor's degree, or an Associate’s degree plus three years relevant work experience, or a High School diploma or equivalent plus four years of DASNY relevant experience.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field.
• Basic knowledge of accounting principles.
• Excellent mathematical skills.
• Demonstrated analytical and conceptual skills.
• Proficiency in PC applications such as Outlook, Excel, Word, and Access.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills.
• Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment.
• Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail.
Duties Description Primary Purpose
Under general supervision of the Senior Accountant, Budget, the Accountant performs professional accounting tasks relating to the financial operations of DASNY.
• Verify, analyze, record, and reconcile data from various sources (credit card statements, expense reimbursements, bank statements, contracts, purchase orders, client agreements, bond covenants, etc.) to the financial management system and various other PC applications/databases.
• Assist in ensuring compliance with federal and State laws, financial standards/practices, and Authority policies and procedures.
• Records, reviews, and reconciles cash receipt transactions in JDE.
• Perform moderately difficult financial analysis as directed.
• Create and/or maintain various schedules, reports, spreadsheets, databases and/or files.
• Perform and/or oversee the recording and reconciliation of financial data from various sources to various internal systems/applications including data transfer between systems.
• Prepare invoices for various fees, rents and rehab projects.
• Monitor, review, analyze and report on DASNY’s operating funds.
• Record, monitor, review, analyze and report on fees, labor and M&O cost allocations, and other operating revenues and expenditures.
• Record and monitor fee receivables for various clients.
• Prepare monthly budget and expenditure reports; make recommendations for funding transfers if necessary.
• Analyze budget requests and assist with the compilation of the annual budget package for presentation to the Board.
• Facilitate disbursements to various Health Care institutions from the Health Care Restructuring Pool by working closely with the offices of Portfolio Monitoring, Counsel and Finance.
• Record receivables for Health Care loans and monitor repayments. Update the receivables module and reports for changes in repayment terms.
• Analyze client operating funds to ensure that DASNY costs are properly allocated, and clients are being billed accordingly.
• Assist in the allocation of DASNY’s operating costs to the appropriate client operating funds.
• Review and analyze financial data/statements for accuracy/completeness and compliance with laws, standards, policies and/or terms of a contract/agreement/purchase order/bond issue/payroll transaction etc.
• Exercise sound judgment in matters of financial significance, such as disbursements to vendors, and employees, and billing and collection of rentals, fees, and other revenues.
• Import and/or export data among internal and external applications.
• Assist in the preparation and maintenance of schedules.
• Coordinate with appropriate DASNY units in the set-up, monitoring and reporting of construction, health care and operating projects.
• Assist with review of credit card transactions for any missing documentation and possible fraud.
• Assist with allocation of monthly credit card statement.
• Coordinate with the offices of Portfolio Monitoring, Counsel and Finance on the follow up of outstanding receivables. Establish reserves and write-off outstanding loan balances, as directed.
• Draft wire and cash disbursement authorizations for DASNY and client operating funds. Draft journal, budget, receipt, and receivable entries.
• Perform or assist with complex financial calculations.
• Prepare or review financial statements and reports.
• Work directly with employees, clients, and vendors to research and resolve conflicts/problems/issues.
• Assist in the preparation of financial statements and management reports.
• Assist with tasks related to the annual audit, such as the preparation and review of year-end financial statements, performing special calculations and drafting year-end journal entries.
• Assist in ensuring the accuracy of information received, entered into, and extracted from various systems applications.
• Create reports using CARRS, JDE, or other systems applications.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
• May train and evaluate employees.
• Assist with the documentation and implementation of procedures.
• Assist with internal controls implementation, review, and testing.
• Undertake special assignments as directed.
• Must adhere to the NYS Information Security Policy Standards established and issued by the Office of Cyber Security and Critical Infrastructure Coordination. (Standards can be found on the Intranet).
Supervision of employees may be required.
Occasional travel may be required using public transportation, DASNY vehicle, rental vehicle, or personal vehicle. This travel may include overnight stays at public accommodations and related establishments. Requires complex and time-pressured decision-making. Overtime or extended work hours may be required.
Standard office environment including the use of one or more of the following: PC, telephone, fax machine, printer, copier, scanner, electronic stapler, three-hole punch, date stamp, shredder.
Additional Comments DASNY provides financing and construction services to public and private universities, not-for-profit healthcare facilities, and other institutions which serve the public good.
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, which includes:
• Choice of several health insurance plans
• Dental & vision insurance
• Membership in the NYS Retirement System
• Deferred Compensation Investment Plan
• 13 vacation days per year
• 13 sick days per year
• 5 days of personal leave per year
• 12 paid holidays per year
• Tuition reimbursement
• Training & development opportunities
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingPlease copy and paste the link to your browser to apply:
DASNY is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to excellence and diversity.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.