415-A Oser Avenue
Minimum Qualifications TRANSFER OPPORTUNITIES:
• Candidates must have one year permanent competitive or 55-b/c service in this title and be eligible for lateral transfer; OR be eligible for transfer via Section 70.1 of Civil Service law. To qualify for Section 70.1 transfer, candidates must be licensed and currently registered by New York State as a Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) and have at least one year of permanent competitive or 55-b/c service in a title approved for transfer by Civil Service within two salary grades of the Grade 20 level.
• Currently serving as a LMSW 1 (Spanish Language)
• Candidates must be active and reachable on the appropriate Civil Service eligible list for Licensed Master Social Worker 1 (Spanish Language)
• Either A. licensed and currently registered by New York State as a Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) AND have one year of post NYS licensure professional social work experience.
OR B. licensed and currently registered by New York State as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW).
Duties Description The LMSW1 (Spanish Language) duties will include but are not limited to:
• Conducting Front Door Trainings for individuals and families both English and Spanish Speaking.
• Conducting intakes/assessments with individuals and families to educate the families regarding available services and access requirements both in English and Spanish.
• Entering identifying information into and complete all required sections of the EAA Tool.
• Meet with families and other key stakeholders to gather pertinent information and documentation.
• Process the information and submit service recommendations for authorizations.
• Troubleshoot problems/issues with the Front Door Team.
• Participating in weekly Front Door team meetings and trainings as scheduled.
• Ability to participate in functions and activities during evening hours and weekends on occasion and when requested.
• Completion of mandatory training.
• Participate in special projects as assigned by supervisor.
• Review and compile needed documents for HCBS Waiver packets
• Follow up with care manager to correct and collect any documents that may be missing from the HCBS Waiver packet. Once the HCBS Waiver packet is complete submit it to the waiver unit
• Complete LCED forms as needed when individuals go through the intake process with a Care Coordination Organization.
• When waiver NOD is received from the waiver unit complete the EAA tool with the information.
• Route NOD and Service Authorization Letter to all relevant parties.
• Mail “Guidance for Individuals and Families” letter to individual and family/advocate.
• Fill in when needed at transition fairs and other duties as needed by the Regional Office.
Additional Comments If you are employed by state government, you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that they need a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office (518) 473-4785 or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain information and RA forms.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Human Resources Office - Victoria Cisek