50 Wolf Road
Minimum Qualifications To be considered for appointment, candidates must be reachable from the appropriate Civil Service eligible list or be eligible for reassignment or transfer in accordance with Civil Service Law.
Duties Description This position is assigned to the Personnel Bureau Benefits Unit.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Communicate with a wide variety of individuals to explain benefits and resolve problems.
• Supervise the on-boarding of new employees.
• Answer questions related to employee benefits and time and attendance rules and regulations.
• Administer leave programs (such as worker’s compensation, military, and sick leave) in accordance with the Department of Civil Service’s time and attendance rules and regulations, negotiated agreements, Department policy, and applicable law.
• Oversee pre-retirement meetings and the processing of benefits related paperwork
• Assist in the review of requests for reasonable accommodation
Responsibilities may include serving a role within the Incident Command System to support the department’s response to regional and statewide emergency situations.
Additional Comments Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingQualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and a current resume with the Notice Number MO-22-44 in the subject line and referenced in the letter of interest no later than August 23rd, 2022