Minimum Qualifications Education Level required: Bachelor's degree with a strong financial and economic development background. Professional degree, including master's degree in business administration, law, accounting, or public administration, preferred.
Relevant experience required: 3-5 years of experience in finance (preferably community development finance serving low-income communities); direct experience with the NMTC program desirable.
Knowledge required: The ideal candidate will have sufficient knowledge to independently analyze/spread financial statements and draft concise memoranda. This will include basic working knowledge of financial accounting, strong analytic abilities, facility with financial modeling, and excellent written and oral communication skills.
Duties Description BASIC FUNCTION:
Provide support services to the ESNMC team in order to facilitate and manage new Markets Tax Credit ("NMTC") allocations and closed NMTC transactions and assist with internal and external project duties and communications. Conduct financial and credit analysis of operating companies to determine amount of State support required and to structure loans, grants, and the disposition of State assets and other subsidies accordingly.
· Assist with various aspects of project development, including the creation of reports, memorandum, databases, and board documents and briefings.
· Assist with underwriting and structuring NMTC transactions.
· Assist with asset management and compliance issues, and community outcomes reporting.
· Prepare project recommendation memorandums.
· Prepare board materials for Advisory, ESNMC, and ESD board meetings.
· Draft Advisory Board meeting minutes.
· Conduct site visits of potential projects and borrowers.
· Liaise with regional office staff to attain information on potential projects and assess project viability.
· Work with other ESD staff across NYS to source, structure, underwrite, and close NMTC transactions.
· Day-to-day responsibilities for handling invoicing, interest payment collections, and distributions from subsidiary Community Development Entities to investment funds.
· Obtain and analyze financial statements/tax returns of corporate and not-for-profit entities and individuals.
· Review financial projections and create cash flow models for operating companies and real estate developments, including sensitivity analyses.
· Perform risk assessment of credit and collateral ensuring loan stability and sound credit quality.
· Prepare memoranda explaining corporate and project financial strength, credit risks and funding gaps.
· Input various financial data into Excel-based financial models for scoring purposes.
· Assist other departments with financial analysis/modeling on an ad-hoc basis.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingExternal Candidates, to apply copy and paste URL in browser: https://bit.ly/3APr8cp
Internal Candidates: Please apply through ADP through the Myself/Talent menu
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY