Minimum Qualifications Education Level required: Associate degree
Relevant experience required: Three to five years' relevant experience
Knowledge required: Work as part of a project team; highly organized; strong communication skills — both oral and written; and high competency in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook & PowerPoint).
Other: Occasional evenings and weekend work.
Duties Description BASIC FUNCTION:
Possess general knowledge of all phases of operations of the Mid-Hudson Regional Office, in order to assist in administration of the Regional Council program, assuming responsibilities with minimal supervision, assisting the Regional Director and other staff to the greatest extent possible in all situations to ensure a smooth-running operation.
· Assist Regional Director and Deputy Regional Director in coordination of Mid-Hudson Regional Economic Development council (MHREDC) meetings and activities, including securing venues and/or online meeting rooms, procuring refreshments and supplies, organizing meeting packets, and registration;
· Assist in response to inquiries, address concerns, and explain ESD programs and services to companies, organizations, and regional stakeholders both solicited and unsolicited;
· Conduct online research and draft letters as may be required by the Regional Director or MHREDC;
· Craft visual aids and talking points for presentations on ESD and the MHREDC;
· Assist with relationship management among IDA's, Chambers, municipalities, and other key economic development agents and assist them with client servicing and business outreach;
· Assist with inter- and intra-agency coordination, intergovernmental coordination, and external organizations to originate, manage, and close projects;
· Assist with project origination, site search requests, and lead intake;
· Assist with preparing project origination materials, project reports, and MHREDC reports;
· Assist in administering Regional Council and Consolidated Funding Application projects within region;
· Special Projects/Events- assist with management and/or support special projects, events, and meetings as determined on a case-by-case basis.
· Provide back-up support for the Executive Assistant / Office Manager as needed;
· Other projects and duties as assigned by Regional Director.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingExternal Candidates, to apply copy and paste URL in browser: https://bit.ly/3APr8cp
Internal Candidates: Please apply through ADP through the Myself/Talent menu
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY