Minimum Qualifications Interested candidates must be reachable on the Business Systems Analyst 3 eligible list OR be eligible to transfer under section 52.6 of the Civil Service Law.
Candidates must have one year of permanent, competitive service in a qualifying title allocated to salary grade 23 or higher.
Duties Description Provide oversight and direction for the Program Optimization Support and Transformation (POST) team in support of the of the Retirement System. Develop and implement a program area by:
• Working directly with the Program Optimization Support and Transformation (POST) Assistant Director to ensure the teams functions and business processes align with NYSLRS strategic mission and goals.
• Develop and implement business process and support models that support the NYSLRS bureaus
• Ensure processes align with SDLC cross-functional team processes in support of the NYSLRS retirement system
• Collaborate with other POST team managers to ensure effective and efficient coordination across all POST teams
Manage and oversee a team of Business Systems Analyst (BSA) resources.
Supervise and oversee a team of BSA staff by:
• Oversee the planning and prioritization of bureau work items and resources
• Monitor and report on statuses on team assignments
• Develop metric driven performance standards to monitor team progress
• Review team documentation and artifacts to ensure quality meets team standards
BSA Staff Supervision. Directly oversee and supervise the activities of Business Systems Analyst 1, 2, and positions:
• Enforce proper adherence to time and attendance rules
• Communicate and enforce standards of professional conduct
• Administer probationary processes (as necessary)
• Communicate performance expectations and evaluate staff performance
• Manage training plans to ensure staff is trained as necessary to fully perform their duties at the highest level of competence
Leadership and Teamwork
• Project a positive outlook and attitude
• Be flexible and receptive to new assignments based on evolving business needs, system capabilities and resource availability
• Enable and empower subordinate staff to perform their duties independently whenever possible
• Set example for subordinate staff by completing assignments promptly and with high quality
• Be collaborative and cooperative
• Embrace ownership of business activities and be accountable for effectively performing the duties associated with that ownership role
• Maintain an environment that fosters and supports creative solutions and continuous improvement
• Maintain a working environment that is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining a competent and highly motivated workforce
Additional Comments Desired Competencies
• Desired experience in the management of small teams (3 years)
• Desired experience in Business Analysis (3 years)
• Desired experience Meeting Facilitation skills (3 years)
• Desired experience in both written and verbal communication of information to stakeholders at all levels of the organization (3 years)
• Desired organizational management skills performed in a multi-team oriented workplace (3 years)
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
110 State Street, 12th Floor
Notes on ApplyingInterested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than August 24, 2022. Please reference Item #08670(4) – OER-JMB when responding.
When responding, please include the reference number and letters listed in this section. The OER ID # should not be included.