Minimum Qualifications Six years of experience in public relations, social media, and digital communications; experience in website management, social media management, product management, digital communications, or user experience design preferred.
An associate’s, bachelor’s, or master’s degree in Communications, English, Public Relations, Information Science, Social Media, Digital Communications, or similar degree, can substitute for the experience on a year for year basis, with 30 credits equaling one year of experience.
• Experience or coursework in visual design and/or video editing.
• Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, Lightroom and/or InDesign.
• The ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• Collaborative and team-minded.
• Creativity, energy, detail-orientation, and a proactive spirit.
Duties Description Under the direction of the Deputy Communications Director, the incumbent of this position will work both internally and externally to ideate and execute, cutting-edge digital strategy and create consistent messaging using various communications vehicles. You’ll be a great fit for this position if you have an excellent understanding of what engages others online, how to create content that is entertaining and impactful, and you can work within teams to create positive relationships with federal, state, local legislatures, community groups and staff. Individuals with previous graphic design work are highly encouraged to apply.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Collaborate with the Deputy Communications Director on the digital communication strategy for the Office of Cannabis Management (OCM).
• Write and copy edit OCM news and materials including social channels, websites, talkers and tweeters, and scripts.
• Define relevant metrics and create reports using data pulled from platforms (e.g. Twitter Analytics).
• Conduct research for campaigns.
• Submit information materials for approval from the Office of Cannabis Management by conducting interviews, attending conferences, visiting facilities, and reviewing files.
• Monitor websites, social media, and digital communications to ensure that information on the Office of Cannabis Management is up to date.
• Upload content to social media sites in accordance with social media strategy.
• Liaise with IT as needed for coding needs and email newsletter.
• Assist with the conception and production of custom designs for OCM deliverables and marketing materials.
• Work with senior members of the creative team to provide creative input for projects with distinct goals for clients.
Additional Comments This position will be filled in Albany or NYC and may require up to 10% travel. Telecommuting opportunities and location to be discussed at interview. All employees of OCM are required to provide proof of vaccination status through a secure online portal, if vaccinated.
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, which includes:
• Low-cost and competitive health insurance plan choices
• Dental & vision insurance at no additional cost
• Membership in the NYS Retirement System
• Deferred Compensation Investment Plan
• Minimum of 13 vacation days per year
• Up to 13 days of paid sick leave annually for PEF/CSEA
• Up to 8 days of paid sick leave annually for M/C
• 5 days of personal leave per year
• 13 paid holidays per year
• Tuition reimbursement
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)
• Training & development opportunities
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit a cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics. When submitting your response, please use an email subject line with only the following information: Last Name, First Name - Vacancy ID number - Position Title for which you are applying.