Minimum Qualifications CURRENT STATE EMPLOYEES: New York State employee with one year or more of permanent, contingent-permanent or 55b/c service in a position allocated to a Salary Grade 11 or above and eligible for transfer under Section 52.6, 70.1, or 70.4** of the Civil Service Law. *
**70.4 Transfer: Candidates must have one year of permanent competitive or 55b/c service at the SG-11 or above AND possession of a bachelor’s degree; AND standing on the Professional Careers Opportunities (PCO) or Public Administration Traineeship Transition (PATT) eligible lists.
PCO Appointment: Individuals with a score of 100 or above on the Professional Career Opportunities (PCO) eligible list are encouraged to apply.*
*Successful completion of two-year traineeship leads to appointment as a Administrative Assistant 1, SG-18.
NOTE: This vacancy posting is for the purposes of notifying individuals about transfer opportunities. Employees on the Civil Service eligible list will be considered and should not respond to this posting. If you are on the eligible list and not reachable, you may be eligible for transfer. You are encouraged to access GOT-IT on the Civil Service website (www.cs.ny.gov) to determine transfer eligibility or contact OGS Human Resources for your transfer options.
GENERAL PUBLIC CANDIDATES:
Individuals who are currently 55b/c eligible, who possess a bachelor’s degree or higher are encouraged to apply. If interested in this position and applying using your 55b/c status, please provide a copy of your current 55b/c eligibility letter.
Individuals with a score of 100 or above on the Professional Career Opportunities (PCO) eligible list are encouraged to apply.
Successful completion of two-year traineeship leads to appointment as a Administrative Assistant 1, SG-18.
Duties Description Duties include but are not limited to:
• Clarify, interpret, and enforce rules and regulations in accordance with State Finance Law, Section 167.
• Review and approve vehicle and property transfers to State Agencies and Municipalities.
• Oversee the Vehicle Auction Program
• Responsible for compliance of the Auctioneer Services Contract (Vehicle Auction Program)
• Manage all vehicle auctions and attend many live vehicle auctions throughout NYS (Vehicle Auction Program)
• Oversee the Personal Property Program
• Responsible for compliance of Online Auction Platform (Personal Property Program)
• Act as OGS’ Surplus Property Coordinator.
• Represent the agency through the attendance of trainings, meetings, and conferences, and ensure the unit remains current with all policies and regulations.
• Prepare and finalize procedures, manuals, and trainings including memos and updates to regulations and policies.
• Revise and update the OGS NYS-Store and State Surplus websites.
• Proficiently utilize the State Surplus Property Database, Microsoft Office Suite and Access as well as other program specific web-applications.
• Perform the full range and scope of supervisory responsibilities.
• Supervise a group of up to 8 people.
• Review and approve all surplus forms from all NYS agencies.
• Overnight travel to attend live auctions throughout NYS is required.
• Possession and maintenance of a valid Driver’s License issued by the NYS Department of Motor Vehicle is required.
• Flexibility to work in environments with fluctuating temperatures is required.
Additional Comments NOTE ON TELECOMMUTING: OGS employees are required to apply and obtain approval through management to telecommute according to the agency’s Telecommuting Program Guidelines.
NOTE ON COVID-19 VACCINATION/WEEKLY TESTING: All State employees in Executive controlled agencies who are fully vaccinated are to provide proof of this upon hire. At this time all unvaccinated employees do not need to submit weekly testing for COVID-19. Please note the weekly testing requirement may change at any time.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.