Minimum Qualifications Non-competitive Minimum Qualifications for appointment:
One year of trade experience subsequent to the completion of an apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience such as that required for a Trades Specialist (Carpenter), Trades Specialist (Electrician), Service & Repair Mechanic (Electronics), Trades Generalist, Grounds Construction Supervisor, Trades Specialist (Locksmith), Trades Specialist (Machinist), Trades Specialist (Mason & Plasterer), Service & Repair Mechanic (Motor Equipment), Trades Specialist (Painter), Trades Specialist (Plumber & Steamfitter), Service & Repair Mechanic (HVAC-R), Trades Specialist (Roofing), or Trades Specialist (Welder).
Duties Description • Supervise warehouse/maintenance staff; schedule daily job assignments and mail deliveries/pickups to department locations; Coordinate loading/unloading and physically handle the delivery of supplies, furniture, and equipment
• Prepare and review employee evaluation, probation reports, time, and attendance logs.
• Operate facility trucks/vehicles and warehouse equipment.
• Maintain all vehicle record logs and monthly maintenance reports; Inspect and arrange routine maintenance of vehicles and equipment assigned to the facility.
• Service and/or provide minor repairs to automotive and mechanical equipment such as vehicles, forklifts, pallet jacks and air compressors.
• Oversee and conduct forklift training/certification for facility staff.
• Maintain accurate logs and oversee physical inventory of paper, envelopes, forms, ink & warehouse supplies; Prepare and summit purchase material requisitions and order forms; Restock supplies in a timely and accurate manner; Ensure all supply requests received are delivered promptly.
• Utilize the statewide financial system (SFS) to purchase and accept deliveries.
Destroy old stock upon demand.
• Facilitate space planning for incoming stock shipments and rotate stock periodically.
• Assist the building manger with regular building maintenance reviews; submit Tenant Repair Request as needed; Adjust building temperatures using the facility’s heating and cooling system.
• Schedule recycling pickups for paper, pallets, cardboard; Maintain records of quantities/dates for monthly statistical reports for management.
• Inspect incoming deliveries and authorize distribution and storage of materials/stock.
• Ensure appropriate maintenance and security measures are implemented daily.
• Ability to bend, lift, stand and walk for an extended period; Perform moderate to heavy manual labor.
• Work overtime and travel as required by management for projects/jobs, sometimes on short notice
• Meet all Department’s time and attendance requirements.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingQualified Candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume, including current title and how you qualify. Please reference the vacancy ID number, job title and Revenue & Support Services Division with your response.