Minimum Qualifications We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
• At least three (3) years of experience in an administrative support role with at least one (1) year of experience directly supporting senior/executive level staff;
• Proactive, motivated, well-organized and task-oriented, must be able to meet tight deadlines and self-manage priorities;
• Sound judgment, maturity, and the ability to handle confidential information with sensitivity and discretion;
• Excellent reasoning, verbal and written communication skills;
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word and Excel); video conferencing platforms (WebEx, MS Teams and Zoom); and the ability to readily learn new computer software applications;
• Candidates who have project management experience and/or who have experience using the Statewide Financial System (SFS) are desirable; and a
• Commitment to public service and a genuine interest in the work of the OAG.
Duties Description The New York State Office of the Attorney General (OAG) is seeking an Executive Assistant to support the Chief Operating Officer (COO) in the New York City office. The COO oversees the Division of Administration which includes the business, operations and legal support functions of the OAG. The Division’s bureaus include Human Resources, Budget, Information Technology, the Managing Attorney’s Office, and the Office of Diversity and Inclusion, among others. This an excellent opportunity for individuals who are interested in the management of public sector or law firm business operations.
Duties of the Executive Assistant will include but not be limited to the following:
• Provide high-level administrative support to the COO, including directing incoming calls; taking detailed messages; scheduling meetings (in-person & virtual) and conference calls; overseeing multiple calendars; managing, prioritizing and responding to phone messages and emails; monitoring and ordering supplies and the timely processing of expense reports;
• Provide logistical support for internal and external meetings (in-person and virtual), including preparing materials, organizing participant schedules and arranging space and technology needs;
• Create meeting agendas, taking detailed notes and recording action items;
• Serve as initial point of contact between the COO, OAG employees, outside vendors and others;
• Create and manage COO’s travel itinerary, including booking airline, train, and lodging reservations; preparing and filing timely travel expense reports;
• Create and maintain an electronic filing system;
• Prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters and other written documents as requested;
• Inventory/monitor and order office supplies on behalf of COO; and
• Support the Division of Administration operations at 28 Liberty by driving and/or owning other special projects/assignments as directed.
Additional Comments The annual salary for this position is $69,276 + $3,026 in location pay. As an employee of the OAG, you will join a team of dedicated individuals who work to serve the people of our State through a wide variety of occupations. We offer a comprehensive New York State benefits package, including paid leave, health, dental, vision and retirement benefits, and family-friendly policies. Additionally, the OAG offers a robust Workplace Flexibilities Program with multiple options for employees, including telecommuting (up to two days per week) and alternative work schedules.
Per Office of the Attorney General policy, confirmation of vaccination status is a condition of employment for this position. If you are not fully vaccinated, you may be required to provide regular negative COVID-19 PCR test results at a frequency determined by the agency. The agency will consider religious and reasonable accommodations. For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
28 Liberty Street
Notes on ApplyingApplications are being received online. To apply, please visit our careers website: ag.ny.gov/job-postings. Reference No: DOA/COO_NYC_EA_6225
Applicants must be prepared to submit a complete application consisting of the following:
• Cover Letter
? You may address to Legal Recruitment.
? Indicate why you are interested in the Executive Assistant position and what makes you a strong candidate.
• Writing Sample
• List of three (3) references
? Only submit professional references, supervisory references are preferred.
? Indicate the nature and duration of your relationship to each reference.
? Include contact information and email addresses for each reference.
? Please note, your references will not be contacted until after you interview for the position.
If you have questions regarding a position with the OAG and the application process or need assistance with submitting your application, please contact Legal Recruitment via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 212-416-8080.
For more information about the OAG, please visit our website: ag.ny.gov