1200 East and West Road
Minimum Qualifications Must currently be permanent serving in the title of Nurse 2
Must currently be a Nurse 1 with one year of post-licensure registered nurse clinical experience
Must be a Registered Nurse with one year of post-licensure clinical experience
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Telephone triage, including determining the urgency of situation and directing
individual/employee to appropriate level of care.
• Provide adequate nursing assessment/supervision of direct support professionals
competency regarding specific nursing delegated procedures, including medication administration.
• Provide nursing services for IRAs adjacent to the campus.
• Provide clinical oversight (assessment/treatment) for individuals using respite services adjacent to the campus.
• Communicate with Medical MD on call, Administrator On Duty, staff, team, family, hospital staff for emergent situations.
Additional Comments Shift is 10:00pm—8:00am with occasional 2:00pm-12:00am.
• Please note, the posted Hiring Salary includes the sum of the statutory hiring rate for PS&T Grade 16 ($54,903), along with any special salary treatments in effect for this position in this location, such as a Geographic Differential ($20,000). The posted maximum salary (Job Rate - $69,882) includes the previously mentioned Geographic Differential.
• If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
• Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that they need a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office (518) 473-4785 or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain information and RA forms.
• Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
• In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
• OPWDD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
1200 East and West Road