Minimum Qualifications A bachelor’s degree and four years of experience in intelligence analysis, homeland security, counterterrorism, or emergency preparedness analysis and assessment in a law enforcement, intelligence, homeland security, emergency management or response organization. One year of this experience must have been at a supervisory level. A master’s degree may substitute for one year of the general experience.
Please note, that due to the anticipated response to this announcement, your resume must clearly define your analysis experience outlined above or you will be disqualified from consideration of an interview.
Duties Description Job duties include but are not limited to:
• Develop, implement, evaluate, and analyze NY’s violence and domestic terrorism prevention initiatives to align with DHSES Office of Counter Terrorism (OCT) efforts to combat terrorism, domestic violent extremism, and targeted violence. Ensure OCT is a national leader and on the cutting edge of policy development.
• Supervise the day-to-day operations of employees responsible for threat analysis efforts in multiple regions throughout the state.
• Serve as a trusted advisor to DHSES and OCT principles on a range of topics and issues to inform decision-making.
• Serve as subject matter expert in terrorism threats, trends, and research as well as accounts of international and domestic incidents, arrests, legislation, and regulation as they relate to terrorism and the OCT program portfolio.
• Provide support and oversight of key OCT policy and programmatic initiatives.
• Direct or contribute to various special projects requiring intelligence, information sharing, and insight of historical or contemporary terrorist threat expertise, etc.
• Analyze and synthesize seemingly disparate pieces of information and intelligence.
• Support the formulation and sharing of the current “threat posture”, fusing threat reporting, and trend analysis.
• Conduct comprehensive research and analysis; prepare executive-level briefs, memos, special reports, publications, and assessments for OCT.
• Compile talking points, draft speeches, and other correspondence and contribute to Legislative and Congressional testimonies on a variety of subjects.
• Direct the State and Local Clearance program.
• Direct OCT information gathering efforts such as surveys, facilitating focus groups, and ensuring customer satisfaction.
• Research and write original articles and proposals.
• Assist in disaster response and recovery activities as required and assigned.
• Excellent research, writing and editing skills are required. Experience in data analysis.
• Work schedule may vary based on operational need.
• Travel will be required.
• Possession and maintenance of a valid Driver’s License issued by the New York State Department of Motor Vehicle is required.
• The ability to obtain a Federal Security Clearance are required.
• The review and mastery of academic and research material relevant to domestic terrorism prevention is required.
NOTE: Support of operations during times of emergency and disaster from State Emergency Operations Center (EOC), state field offices and/or local deployments may be required, which would result in a change and/or increase in working hours, locations and/or duties.
Additional Comments NOTE ON TELECOMMUTING: DHSES employees are required to apply and obtain approval through management to telecommute according to the agency’s Telecommuting Program Guidelines.
NOTE ON COVID-19 VACCINATION/WEEKLY TESTING: All State employees in Executive controlled agencies who are fully vaccinated are to provide proof of this upon hire. At this time all unvaccinated employees do not need to submit weekly testing for COVID-19. Please note the weekly testing requirement may change at any time.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.