AgencyHomeland Security and Emergency Services, Division of
TitleHomeland Security Program Analyst 3
Occupational CategoryOther Professional Careers
Bargaining UnitPS&T - Professional, Scientific, and Technical (PEF)
Salary RangeFrom $88161 to $111111 Annually
Appointment Type Contingent Permanent
Jurisdictional Class Non-competitive Class
Compressed workweek allowed? No
Minimum Qualifications A bachelor’s degree and four years of experience in intelligence analysis, homeland security, counterterrorism, or emergency preparedness analysis and assessment in a law enforcement, intelligence, homeland security, emergency management or response organization. One year of this experience must have been at a supervisory level. A master’s degree may substitute for one year of the general experience.
Please note, that due to the anticipated response to this announcement, your resume must clearly define your analysis experience outlined above or you will be disqualified from consideration of an interview.
Duties Description • Develop, modify, and evaluate policies and protocols governing team deployment, operation, and outreach.
• Manage the daily activities of Homeland Security Program Analysts, teams, and work groups to optimize efforts, identify deficiencies, utilize fiscal resources effectively and meet program objectives in an efficient manner.
• Develop contacts with stakeholders and maintain effective working relationships.
• Periodically meet with stakeholders to answer questions, review program roll-out, and determine the effectiveness of program planning and implementation.
• Respond to stakeholder issues and work collaboratively to resolve differences within the parameters of agency policies, protocols, procedures and mandated rules and regulations.
• Serve as a subject matter expert for team members, program managers and agency senior staff.
• Develop, review, and evaluate viable complex policies, programs and procedures which facilitate the mission of the program/agency and encompass current best practices in the functional program area. Present policy/program analyses and recommendations to DHSES executives and senior staff.
• Collect and analyze data on homeland security, public safety, and emergency services issues and practices to compare new and innovative approaches in order to facilitate the development and implementation of new initiatives advancing the agency’s mission.
• Represent DHSES to a wide variety of stakeholders/partners in a variety of formats providing professional expertise on assigned program and agency issues.
• Secure resources for staff deployment prior to assignment, identify and implement continued staff requirements, monitor progress, review results, and conduct performance reviews.
• Perform the full range of supervisory activities.
• Perform other duties as assigned in support of the mission or other program areas.
• Travel may be required.
• Possession and maintenance of a valid Driver’s License issued by the New York State Department of Motor Vehicle is required.
NOTE: Support of operations during times of emergency and disaster from State Emergency Operations Center (EOC), state field offices and/or local deployments may be required, which would result in a change and/or increase in working hours, locations and/or duties.
Additional Comments NOTE ON TELECOMMUTING: DHSES employees are required to apply and obtain approval through management to telecommute according to the agency’s Telecommuting Program Guidelines.
NOTE ON COVID-19 VACCINATION/WEEKLY TESTING: All State employees in Executive controlled agencies who are fully vaccinated are to provide proof of this upon hire. At this time all unvaccinated employees do not need to submit weekly testing for COVID-19. Please note the weekly testing requirement may change at any time.
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Email Address HRresumes@ogs.ny.gov
Street NYS Office of General Services, HRM
31st Floor Corning Tower, Empire State Plaza
Notes on ApplyingPlease submit cover letter along with a clear and concise resume detailing how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position as listed in Specifics and indicate the Position Title & Vacancy ID number for which you are applying.