Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Must be in title or on the Civil Service eligible list for this location or be eligible for transfer under Section 70.1 in a designated title determined by the New York State Department of Civil Service.
Either A. licensed and currently registered by New York State as a Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) AND have one year of post NYS licensure professional social work experience;**
Or B. licensed and currently registered by New York State as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW).
** Professional social work experience involves activities such as screening, assessing and diagnosing individuals' and families' psychosocial needs, strengths and limitations; participating in the development of treatment plans and discharge plans; counseling and educating individuals, groups and families to promote mental, emotional, physical and social functioning; helping access needed services; providing client/patient advocacy and crisis intervention; and developing, coordinating and evaluating services and support systems. Experience limited to social work research or social work administration is NOT considered qualifying.
Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION
The selected candidate will be a vital team member within the Region 1 Regional Office organizational structure. The LMSW2 will typically provide support to one designated functional team within the Regional Office but may provide additional or alternative coverage when Regional Office needs deem this necessary. The functional teams within the Regional Office include: Front Door, Waiver Services, Eligibility, Self-Direction, Housing, Crisis, Property/Development, Fiscal, and Quality Management/Technical Assistance. The selected candidate will work to ensure excellent quality in Regional Office operational standards.
Occasional evening and/or weekend work may be required to meet organizational needs. Occasional travel within the 17-county region may be required. Some schedule flexibilities may be authorized when appropriate while meeting organizational needs.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
1. Function as the OPWDD Region 1 Children’s Waiver Liaison.
2. Work with families to ensure they understand their options with the OPWDD Waiver and DOH Waiver so they can make a person-centered informed decision about the services that best meet their needs.
3. Work with DOH, Health Home Care Managers, OPWDD Central Office and other agencies to ensure transfers between the DOH Children’s Waiver and OPWDD Waiver are seamless.
4. Generate and/or maintain Level of Care Eligibility Determination (LCED) forms so youth can maintain Waiver eligibility.
5. Maintain access to the Secure File Transfer (SFT) system.
6. Serve as a member of the Regional Office providing the full range of social work services to individuals and families.
7. Participate in activities such as screening and/or assessing individuals psychosocial needs, strengths and limitations.
8. Assist with reviewing and assessing individual’s need for OPWDD services and supports.
9. Communicate with key stakeholders, including staff in various departments in the Regional Office, Central Office, Care Management Agencies and Voluntary Provider Agencies.
10. Serve as a liaison between the Regional Office and the individuals/families we serve, along with provider agencies and other referring entities.
11. Provide support to the Front Door Team.
12. Maintain certification for the Child and Adolescent Needs and Strengths (CANS) assessment
13. Attend and participate in Front Door related meetings, telephone conference calls and video conferences as necessary.
14. Process Front Door referrals in accordance with the OPWDD Front Door Procedure Manual, ADMs and other guidance.
15. Assist with Care Coordination Support Liaison duties as necessary.
16. Provide social work assistant services across the various departments in the Regional Office as needed.
17. Additional duties may be assigned to assist in supporting Regional Office operations.
18. Supervision and training of subordinate staff may also be required.
Additional Comments Please note:
•For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
•Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
•All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
•OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.
•Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Workforce and Talent Management Central Office at (518) 473-9689 or email email@example.com to obtain information and RA forms.
OPWDD Region 1 Finger Lakes Office
620 Westfall Road
Rochester, New York 14620
OPWDD Region 1 Finger Lakes Office
509 Vienna St.
Newark, NY 14513
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Notes on ApplyingAPPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit cover letter and résumé by 8/25/2022 COB to:
(FLDDSO Employees – Fill out posting application)
OPWDD Region 1 – Finger Lakes Campus
Posting Department - HRMO
620 Westfall Road
Rochester, NY 14620
FAX #: (585) 461-8935
**Please reference the above EOA #22-215 in all correspondence**